1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know if I'm into guys anymore

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by slowloris, Nov 7, 2013.

1. slowloris

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone,

I'm a girl in her 20s and I've known I wasn't straight for a couple years now. Over a year ago I broke up with a boyfriend I was with for a looong time, years. He would often tell me not to think about my sexuality when I was with him. Now I'm coming to terms with it properly and I'm just really grossed out by guys. I think I loved my ex boyfriend but now I am just totally not into guys. I haven't been in a relationship with a girl but I'm definitely more attracted to them. I've come out to a few friends as bi, and if I am just bi I don't know if I see the point in coming out just now. But at the same time I don't like people assuming I'm straight just because I once had a boyfriend.

Maybe it's no big deal, but it keeps going round in my head and I was just kind of looking for advice about how to discover more about my sexuality.

Thanks

2. Hi there :slight_smile:

Do you know any lesbians or other bisexual women? Think you could date them? Ask them out! Also what made you realize you weren't straight? If you had a boyfriend once upon a time, then something happened. Do you know what that something may have been?

3. Coriander

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm in a similar boat to you, slowloris. I'm totally turned off most guys at the moment and feeling more and more turned on to girls. The last time I was in a relationship, it ended almost a year ago, having been going on for 18 months- but I was routinely emotionally abused by the guy I was with and I'm worried that that is what has turned me off guys.