1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! I'm Still scared!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lilyblue89, Nov 8, 2013.

1. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in a relationship with a girl now (I am female) for about 3 months and I love being with her. She treats me really well, we get on well and I have even just told my parents about us who were really accepting :slight_smile:

But I still keep feeling incredibly scared and nervous at times, freaking out if this is the right thing???? I know I enjoy being with a woman and I enjoy their company but I still get scared about being in a relationship with her and settling down with her.....

Is this just me?? Is it because this is my first relationship with a girl???

Help, please! I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall with my conflicting emotions!!!! :bang: :icon_sad: :tears:

2. CupcakeKisses

Everyone gets scared sometimes. I know with my very first relationship (I was 13) I was scared even after I came out to my very supportive mom. I can't speak for everyone, but I personally think it's natural. I saw myself growing old with my girlfriend and that scared the shit out of me.

Hope that helps...lots of love! (*hug*)

3. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It does. One main thing that scares me is I know she likes me more than I like her though.... I am trying to take my time with it and just get used to being in a relationship (I haven't been in a serious relationship since I was 18 :/) I'm so comfortable with her and love being with her - but away from her from time to time I just feel so scared and worried this is the wrong thing.... I don't understand.

Sorry to keep badgering you lol x

Thank you for the advice

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was so shocked when I read this thread because you have perfectly described how I have been feeling lately. I was going to make a thread about it myself, but I couldn't put it into words. My girlfriend and I have been been for about 6 weeks and well, everything's been going good. However, I am literally freaking out because I am also still afraid. I know that she's more into me than I am into her, but I care about her a lot.

While she and I are together, we are very affectionate towards each other, but whenever I am away from her, I become extremely anxious. I have tried to figure why I am feeling this way and I've concluded that perhaps I am afraid to be vulnerable. It feels like I have this inability to let my guard down and let her in, which prevents me from loving her with all of my heart.

I have discussed things with her and she said that it is something that I need to figure out on my own. The crazy part about it is that, this isn't the first time I have felt this way and it has ruined just about every relationship I've ever had with a woman.

I guess I am harboring a bit of shame about liking women, although it doesn't feel like I am. I am very confused and I don't understand why I am feeling this way. So, believe me, you are not alone. Perhaps, we can figure things out together (*hug*)

#4 pinklov3ly, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. CupcakeKisses

Not badgering at all! That's why we're here. :slight_smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what do think is the wrong thing? Do you mean you are questioning your sexuality or is it just that you're not ready to settle down with this girl? Both are completely normal btw. You're still young and maybe that's all it is. I'm still young too so don't take that the wrong way. :slight_smile: I couldn't imagine myself settling down with anyone right now and I'm 25.

6. mm4567

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not have an answer for you, but I can tell you that I find myself in a very similar situation. I am nearly positive I am gay, and have been seeing a girl for 5-6 weeks now. We are taking things really slow (which is good for me), and I do like her a lot and really enjoy spending time with her, but I have moments where I almost wonder "what am I doing??" and wonder if I have made all of this up in my head and feel very anxious. I do not know if those are real feelings of questioning or if I am still just struggling a bit to accept myself. Either way, know you are not alone. In fact, I am going out with her again tomorrow night and I feel just as anxious as ever.

7. Rachel Kar

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yup. We all scared about the thought of settling down with a person of the same sex. I'm female who not young anymore to take risk of being in a relationship with a girl ( she has a boyfriend already). This is the first time I have such feelings for girl so I feel lost and unsafe.
    I take quizzes and the results are always straight.
    In fact, I have feeling for men most of my lifetime so I think this time is just an exception when I feel lonely and haven't find a suitable man. Maybe This won't happen again.
    Gud luck to all of us here!

#7 Rachel Kar, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  8. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys.

It's meant so much to me that a lot of you feel the same......
    I've been told by one of my bi-sexual friends not to give in and just enjoy my time with her - it's me telling myself that I'm scared and to run away (It's what I always do). But I would've thought it'd stop by now as it's been 3 months.

She has told me we can take it slow but we have straight away gone in to a relationship with everyone knowing and going on holiday and sorting out Christmas with each other and it all just feels very fast!!! Am I being ridiculous???

Thank you all again so much. You guys are the only ones that seem to be able to give me advice I need :slight_smile:

9. poison53sumac

Well, I feel panicked like this sometimes, and I've never even been in any kind of relationship. Maybe it's still some kind of underlying nonacceptance, or some kind of fight-or-flight response to putting yourself under an official label? I could see that. Or maybe you're nervous that it wouldn't work out and this isn't right for you and you don't want to discover that it's wrong for you (that isn't necessarily you, that's what I imagine the root of my response would be in your situation).
    I say live and let live. I say it a lot, but I think a lot of the time what helps at least initially is some space, or some I-refuse-to-overthink-and-overstress-this mindset. It's like a yoga mindset (I think; I don't do yoga), if you're the yoga-liking type of person.

10. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you.

Maybe it is that... I have no idea. I keep getting really scared that I'll hurt her, but I've come to realise I've just gotta give it a shot and stop worrying!!!! You'll never know until you try xx Thanks :slight_smile: