1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was I born Bisexual or was it developed?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BearLover, Nov 8, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    OK as people here know I have a preference for an older man. I am a young man that likes much older men.

I don't know why this is but I have an idea of why. I've heard that when you lack a father in your childhood you can become gay, however I still like woman also. I only met my Dad when I turned 18, I wondered what he was like when I was young and had an image in my head to what I would like in a father.

Ever since meeting this older man, he made me realize what I was missing, the idea of having my own complete family with a father that was looking out for me made me become attracted to him, at first I didn't realize it was sexual I just felt excited by the idea of being part of family, having a father figure that actually cared about me, I had never felt that before. He seemed very caring at first, when we first met we were best friends and he would always make me sandwiches in the morning (I work in a restaurant) as if I was "Daddies special boy". He was like the father I never had.

But I also think I could of developed an attraction to men from living with my mum and my 2 sisters when I was young. I know this sounds bad but my mum used to have dildo's in her drawers and my sisters would always get them out and start messing around with them, the house was full of girls and I'm wondering if effeminacy could of rubbed of on me. Although I am not at all into girly things, I am a bodybuilder, I like computers, I like electrical engineering and I don't do anything that is girly, I am completely manly, I can't even associate with girls because I share no interests with them, I don't like anything that is girly, I wear the mostly manly clothes like wool coats.

I also think my brother might be gay also, somethings make me wonder if he is gay, like secretly taking a look at my dick when I was in the bathroom and when I asked him if he was gay he said "I'm not gay, I'm a christian, christians can't be gay.", I think he is trying to cover it up, he's not even a christian.

I've heard that sexual orientation is what you are born with and not developed, it is from having a mother with too many female hormones when pregnant and causes the male to become gay. But I am starting to think that this is not the case and that I am interested in older men because I have missed out on a father for my whole childhood, if it was down to my mothers hormones during pregnancy then I'd like people my own age wouldn't I?

2. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the gay/bisexual/whatever your orientation is you were probably born with.

But the older man fetish is probably due to lack of a father figure.

But I'm not entirely sure what I am talking about so take this as a grain of salt

3. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    But if I am born with it then why am I not attracted to younger men?

4. flatlander48

I also believe that your orientation is essentially your orientation from birth. I don't think that it changes to any great degree over ones lifetime.

However, your "type" is a different thing. You say that you have a thing for older men. Jerry Lee Lewis had a thing for very young (teenage) virgins. It is possible that we try to correct something in the past by specific current behaviors. The thing is, if we suppose that being with older men now relates to the lack of a father figure, how can we "fix" the past? The answer is, we can't. If in fact there was something that you missed in childhood, no amount of dating older men now will balance that out. Not that it wouldn't be a good relationship, but trying to satisfy an historical need can put unnecessary stress on the current relationship.

5. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why does it matter to you?