1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but. Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by imaconfusedduck, Nov 9, 2013.

1. imaconfusedduck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty sure I'm gay. All of my friends accept me this way. Sometimes I feel like that's the only reason they're friends with me. The problem is that recently I've been having feelings for one of my friends. And I know that the feeling is mutual. Being in a heterosexual relationship is scary to me for some reason. I feel like people would think I was lying about being gay. I don't know what to do. I feel like I am lying to myselfabout being gay. I have predominantly homosexual attractions. I just don't know.

2. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Is this friend a girl? If so, then maybe you admire her and enjoy her company. You two may click in many levels. But you need to really ask yourself if you can imagine physical intimacy with that person. That's what really distinguishes between platonic feelings and sexual attraction.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really like this girl then you should spend more time with her. If she's someone you can trust then tell her how you're feeling. You'd be surprised how understanding some people are. Even though I know that I am predominately attracted to women, there have been some men in my life that I have given a chance to woo me. I should also mention that it was during a time when I was struggling with my sexuality.

However, my feelings were fleeting and I felt like I was forcing myself to be attracted to guys. Not only that I felt wrong for leading them on, although I was very up front about my feelings for women. I guess they thought they were the exception.

So, if you decide to pursue this friend make sure your intentions are known. She may end up falling for you, while you realize that you are not really attracted to her. I mean, the guys I dated were cool, but only as friends; I cannot love a man the way some bisexual/heterosexual women can. So, have fun and beware of your true feelings.

#3 pinklov3ly, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013