1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sexual orientation different from romantic orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ace of Hearts, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ace of Hearts

Does anyone else out there find yourself sexually attracted to trans-?

I normally identify as hetero-romantic and asexual meaning that I (a female) do not experience sexual attraction toward either gender but experience romantic attraction toward males. Recently though I've had this crush (romantic) on a guy at my school who is trans-, and sometimes I feel like I'm sexually attracted to him (who is biologically female), but I'm not sure. I've never been sexually attracted toward cis-females, so I'm very confused. Am I asexual toward straight males and demi-sexual toward trans-males? Can anyone relate?

So confused...

Thanks,
    Ace of Hearts

2. skinnymini420

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think your stress comes a lot from trying to put a "label" on your love!

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

There are straight men who are especially, or even exclusively, sexually attracted to women with penises, so I suppose it makes sense that there would be straight women who are particularly sexually attracted to men with vaginas or other stereotypically female body types and structures.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to separate out your orientation as asexual for cis men and demisexual for trans men. I would instead say demi-heterosexual, elaborating that you're attracted to [insert whatever it is about this guy that you like, e.g. looking feminine, having curves, his presumed "parts"] if needed, because no matter what it is that's attracting you to him, unless it's specifically his having been assigned female at birth, there are almost certainly cis men out there who meet those same criteria. (Yes, it is possible, though rare, for a person with a vagina to be assigned male at birth.)

4. Ace of Hearts

Thanks skinnymini420! I guess I'll just be "me" :eusa_danc

And that's a really good point, Tetraquark. I think I made myself think I was sexually attracted to him simply on the grounds of him being the first trans-male I really know. All I previously knew about myself was that I am romantically attracted to people who identify as male and that I don't want to have sex with people who society defines as being "male-bodied." I guess I just confused myself! :rolle: Thank you for specifying that I shouldn't separate between attractiveness, so I'll just stick with hetero-romantic/asexual, if I even need a label at all!

--Ace of Hearts
    (*hug*)

5. karina

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a person, we have the male and female in us. Thats why it will be confusing and difficult to put the label in it. I think it is just very simple. You love who you love

6. Ludlow

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am married to a woman I love her very much. I couldn't see myself really in a relationship with another man, but I think I am sexually attracted to some men and most women.

Wow that is the first time that has ever been anywhere for me but my head