1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I'm stuck

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by redfrom, Nov 9, 2013.

1. redfrom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone,

I have been reading EC for a while but I just decided I wanna write something - and ask for advice.
    I'm 22 years old, I go to university at the moment and I'm graduating next Summer but I feel like I'm stuck with the gay side of my life. I'm out to my mom and some close friends who all accept and love me which I'm really glad for.
    My problem is I never had any relationships. Not even with girls. I've never been kissed despite my age. So I'm a complete virgin and I feel ashamed. But I really don't know why this is happening, I'm not particularly hot but I think I'm ok. I've tried online dating with no luck.
    The point is I feel like I'm not raising anyone's attention, and this makes me miserable. Guys don't like me, they don't notice me at all. Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna die a virgin.
    I have friends though I feel lonely all the time. It got so bad that now I feel anxious when I have to go among people, I became totally antisocial and depressed which is affecting my performance at school. I am cold and distant towards new people.
    I started to crush on a straight friend of mine and this made me realize that I don't like gay guys. I don't like the values they represent, they are too eccentric or mean for me. Maybe I'm just picky. So I guess this made me like this straight guy because I feel like I'm looking for the values of a straight guy, like him. He's not spoiled by the gay world. Don't get me wrong, crushing on him made me hit rock bottom but now I'm getting out of it, I'm trying to forget him and concentrate on school again.
    I know all this is really confusing, sometimes I don't even know how I'm feeling.

So please if you have any thoughts about this please let me know. Thank you.

#1 redfrom, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. Gigi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honey , I don't see anything wrong with you being a 22 year old virgin. There is a lot of things that you are able to dodge because of that. Please do not go out and try to "look" for someone to have sex with, let it come to you naturally. For now focus on your goals, and enjoying your fabulous life- all of that will come in due time :slight_smile:

Love,
    Gigi