1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by WhiteShadows, Nov 10, 2013.

1. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the best place to post this thread, but anyway...

So I'm 17, and seem to be attracted to guys. Thing is though, I only seem to find younger guys to be attractive... like in the 14 - 16 range... And I hardly ever find someone older than me attractive...
    This year I came out of a difficult crush with a guy a met when we were both 14... so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it... I also seem to find people that have some similar looking features to him to be most attractive...

So here's my question... should I be concerned about this? Is there something wrong with me? I don't want people to think I'm a pedo or something... and it seems like it would be impossible to start a relationship with someone younger than me... although a lot of gay relationships I've noticed in books/films etc seem to have an age difference... so I'm wondering...

Any ideas?

2. English Frenchman

Well, it would seem the crush you had on this other is a big influence on what you like in other men. It reminds me of Descartes story about his first love. Small, fragile, curly brown hair and blue eyes. He then elaborates how your first love has a lasting impression all throughout your life of who you find you might be attracted to.
    In this case, since you had a crush on this guy at 14, that might be an indication of why you find younger guys attractive. A reminder of when you first met your crush. The first moment you felt those feelings, therefore you associate them with that age. The same thing with the similar features.
    No, there’s nothing wrong with you. You are perfectly normal. You are in no way a pedophile.
    The fact that you find these traits attractive is just a sign that you’re not completely over your crush. The best solution for this is to go out with someone who’s completely different. Different looking, different personality. You know what I mean? Either that, or you need to get closure from this guy, because it mustn’t of ended well.

Hope I was able to help in some way.

3. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,
    thanks so much for the reply, it's reassuring to hear. Yeah, along with all that I always get this feeling that I'm getting old too quickly and I have a longing to go back to when I was fourteen, so I think it definitely had an impact. I'm just not entirely sure what to do now (as in, whether to look for relationships / friendships or not)

More advice from anyone would be appreciated :slight_smile:

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, it was really more than a crush with this guy :frowning2:
    It was a best friendship, and we were really close, and I fell in love with him over three years :frowning2: So it really messed me up... even when I think I'm over him, I saw him today for a while and had to talk to him and it just hurt... and I still can't help it :frowning2:
    I'm currently trying to meet new people... I recently joined a website and got skype chatting to some guy who lives near my city... but I'm a bit worried about meeting with people who I meed online....