1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defensive

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by momart, Nov 10, 2013.

1. momart

Lately I am becoming increasingly aware of how uncomfortable or defensive I feel around men. And yet I still consider myself straight (well not exactly.....). But I also have these huge infatuation/crushes on guys, and I only feel safe around them (or feel like doing anything with them).

I notice I just feel extremely vulnerable around men or on edge - UNLESS I am certain or feel certain that there is no sexual tension, that said when I find a guy that I deem attractive, I want them to desire me, and I thrive in the possibility of flirtation but i would rarely initiate anything first... (but i am so picky so for example I will find 1 guy for every 100 guys attractive, but I am still very reserved around them).

I would like to point out that I can have and have had great friendships with men, both gay and straight growing up in my life and I have always had a handful of close girl bestfriends throughout my life.

It's just men I don't know that well, strangers, guys who are interested in me and some men in general.
    I have a rocky relationship with my father, no brothers and growing up in a predominantly female household (meaning my dad was always working so most of my time I spent with my sister and mom).

When I picture living with someone, with women (although I am still deciding whether I feel sexual towards them) I feel more comfortable. I can just relax and have fun and let myself get fat or scoff if I feel like it. I can be silly with them and I can be ugly too. It just feels effortless. When I think of spending my life with a man ( let's say my current obsession...) I desperately want to just be normal around him but it always feels like I just can't. (He kinda only sees me as sex which doesn't exactly help yet I cannot see antone else as attractive...) I could see myself as happy with him if I was to end up with him and he makes me feel protected and I think that's what I want, but because I know him I feel safe around him. It just pains me because I can never feel comfortable enough to be silly around him or to just laugh and have a joke I am always so goddamn defensive and have a guard up. Does anyone else experience this?