1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might be gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Clown, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or more on the male-oriented side.
    It's been a while since I've contributed to this site.

Anyways, what I think I've come to realize. I'm married, bisexual, 20 years old, with a year and a half old son. I love my son and I think lately I've tried to preserve my marriage because I am afraid of being by myself. There were times where I felt like I preferred men over women but wasn't sure. I want a stereotypical life. And no offense to anyone who doesn't. But I'm a male, I know I'm a male. I WANT to be married to a female, have a family and be a "normal" person. (again, sorry if that's offensive. I don't mean for it to be at all.)
    But the more I think about it, the more I'm afraid. I haven't had a relationship with another male before, and I'm afraid that if I never have the opportunity, I'll regret it.
    I've noticed that lately, I've been paying attention to handsome guys. I get excited being around them and nervous and it just makes me feel more alive.
    But I'm afraid of losing everything I have. I'm afraid of making the wrong choice now and not being able to fix it.
    Life is risk, but I'm extremely terrified. I'm loved by my wife. She knows everything I've said here, and she understands. I know that I'm deeply cared about and accepted. Which makes me feel more guilty. I'm just hurting her.
    Yet, I don't know what to do. I don't know if once I date a man, I'd not prefer it after all. I just need help. Please.

2. john1984

Oh wow that is a tough situation you are in. I don't really know what I think. I'm torn on this and you are married and have a young son so that makes it hard. It would be easier if it was just you that you needed to worry about. I normally think that when people are married they need to honor their commitment and their vows. Too many people don't today. I think it is this whole attitude well just do whatever feels good in the moment and do what makes you happy at any given second. I couldn't disagree with that kind of attitude more.

That being said you have some questions to ask yourself. Are you really bi? Do you love your wife? Are you having other problems in the relationship? See if you think you might be gay that is the only place I would be torn. You cant really live a lie and pretend to love someone you don't. I think it's great that you are able to be honest with your wife about these things and she is accepting. It speaks very highly of her. If you decide you are gay then I guess you have to do what you have to do. But if you are bi and do still like women and love your wife it would be more than inappropriate to leave your marriage to just try being with a guy so you don't miss out on something. There would be nothing decent or honorable about that. Many married people are attracted to others but you don't act on it. As I said if you think you might really be gay then this doesn't necessarily apply. It is something that only you can really answer. I hope everything works out well for you and I hope I wasn't too harsh.