1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexual or Asexual and Homoromantic?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rosemarried, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

*Firstly I apologize if I termed that wrong*

I've been thinking, about sex.
    I've come to a fork in the road. I know that I love women. Every part is my favorite and there is nothing more that I could ask for- a female partner.
    But- I can't help but think about how awkward and wet and dirty sex would be. I am a huge germaphobe and a virgin. I'm starting to question if I would actually enjoy/ be able to have sex.

Any advice/suggestions?

#1 Rosemarried, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  2. Hopeful

I think that when the time comes and you have a partner you're really into, you'll be able to overlook the wet and dirty-ness of sex. It'll probably be awkward no matter what, but if your partner knows you're a virgin, there shouldn't be any real issues. Just relax, try not to worry about it. :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. Rosemarried

Rosemarried Guest

I'm hoping that is what will happen, and I'm afraid that it won't. XD Thank you- I'll try and remember just to relax.

4. BadCanadaJoke

You're still very young.... and trust me it's more than normal to worry about these things...
    Try not to overthink it, humans are able to look past a lot of icky things when it comes to sex, you'll get through it :slight_smile: And just like Hopeful said,just relax. This should be the least of your worries...

5. OuterSpaceACE

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Studies have shown that when humans are sexually aroused they are much less averse to disgusting things. I'm asexual, but then again I sort of waited until I was 25 to come out with that and I'm 30 now. So labels are a little bit like shoes, wear the one that you feel the most comfortable in. Change it when it stops working for you. People might disagree with that, but I think young people could avoid a lot of anxiety if you just don't hold yourself to some standard of behavior you think a label dictates. If that makes sense. If you find one day you want it, go for it. If you find that you don't then don't. Be yourself. :slight_smile:

6. Shiki

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm pansexual and have had sex with a few girls. One or two kind of grossed me out, but one was amazing and I could have.... Done THAT... Forever.

That being said, I've mostly had hetero relationships and my already-minimal sexual desire wanes the older I get. I like the idea of sex, preferably with women, but in execution I almost never follow through.

I don't think being disgusted or put off by a sexual act warrants the term asexual. I think that's more the complete lack of sexual feelings...?
    Please someone correct me if I'm wrong!