1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

masculine lesbians vs ftm?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonym, Nov 17, 2013.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I would like to hear from lesbians or any women really, even partners of women who are on the more masculine side. What I want to know really is where do you draw the line between being a masculine woman and a trans guy? Do masculine women experience gender dysphoria about being a woman/having a female body? What tells you that you're a woman and not a man?

I only ask this since I'm having massive doubts about being trans

2. Lunarchy

If you are having doubts, than you are not trans. Being Trans means that you feel you are a man at heart, but many women feel that if they have a masculine or tomboy personality, they must be trans, and that is simply not the case! Women don't have to be feminine, and although trans women tend to be more masculine, that doesn't mean every masculine woman is trans!

And every woman occasionally feels as though life would be easier as a man, or becomes curious about what it would be like, but a trans woman wakes up every day and says, "Why am I in this body?" Right now, I probably look like a boy, I have a boy's haircut, am wearing boy's clothes, steampunk-style boys clothes, but boys clothes all the time. Be who you are, and if you feel that's a man, then you are trans, but if you look in the mirror and have to ask yourself, "Am I masculine because I'm trans?" Than you are not!

#2 Lunarchy, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. Ruthven

Not necessarily. Some trans people have/have had doubts for various reasons. And no one can really say if one is trans or not. It's really up to the individual.

Oh and just remember OP, that not all trans guys are masculine. :slight_smile: Knowing whether you're a certain gender or not doesn't always have anything to do with one's femininity or masculinity. I mean, I guess I'm kinda fem and stuff in some ways, but I know I'm a dude. Just throwing that in there.

#3 Ruthven, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm very masculine myself and there are times I feel gender dysphoria; still in the process of figuring everything out for myself. I can't stand being very feminine so I try to go for the gender neutral look and if it wasn't for my family, my hair would not be as long as it is right now (almost reaching my lower back). I can't stand being called a lady or ma'am (happens a lot since I live in TN) and I have even told my friends that I prefer being called a gentleman. I would say what tells me that I'm a woman and not a man is the simple fact that I have boobs and a vagina and I'm not trying to be crude that's just how I see it.

5. im cis female sooo i should probably not comment on this but i will say isnt having doubts part of accepting who you are? (idk im not trans but have trans friends but havent really spoken at length with them about it so pardon my ignorance)
    like when you come out as gay you think 'omg but what if im wrong'? but yet you know deep down it feels right.

does being the opposite to what you were born/being who you are feel right? if so keep on being you, if not then change it. deep down is it who you are? if so keep going on, if not do what feel right.

masculine lesbians dont want to be men they are comfortable in theirselves but just are masculine its just who they are. clothes you wear/your mannerisms e.t.c isnt what makes someone male at all its more than that.

idk if its any help but up till i was 17/18 i had huuuuuge gender dysphoria and in the end it only went away when i accepted i was gay fully. i thought it was okay to like girls if i was a guy but wasnt allowed if i was female so thats what made me think i was in the wrong body sort of (hard to explain ha) but i accepeted who i was and ta da im a happy lesbian n__n

6. anonym

anonym Guest

7. toushirojaylee

Well for me, I'm a man trapped in a woman's body. I had no doubts after I came out. It'll take time to know what you really want..

8. Lunarchy

I should probably clear up what I said before, what I meant is, you know if your trans or not, and only you do! Don't think you have to be trans because you fit the image, and don't think your not trans because people don't want you to be. Being trans isn't a choice, you are or you arn't, just do whatever you want to do, and if you have no problem being a girl while doing it, than that's fine, if you would rather be a boy doing it, that's also fine. Stop trying to choose on or the other, and just be!

9. bearpaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welp, There's a couple hoops here. Gender, sex, gender presentation, and orientation. I could be a lass who wears cowboy hats who loves lads, who was born a lad, and they would have nothing to do with one another. What this lass has between her legs has naught to do with her gender, her fondness for cowboy hats, or her fondness for people of the male persuasion. Same for you. Same for transmen. Same for butches and femmes of whatever gender. What does your heart say? Does it flutter with the right pronoun? It's how you feel about your gender and what's associated with that that counts. There are people, trans and otherwise, of all stripes out there.