1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Robben, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At a Buddhist temple I was attending. We felt it was appropriate for to marry the guy I was seeing who was leading the services. He is very sexy, what saddened my heart is that after our wedding our love didn't last. Though the marriage was a consummation of our homosexual sex. It felt like we held an event that wasn't meant to be. Have you ever had a wedding that didn't lead to a commitment. I feel the purpose of it was to help us see we were each committed to being and becoming gay without the promise of it being established as a real relationship.

2. tulman

People get married for all sorts of reasons, not always good ones. Around 50% of marriages end up in divorce these days. "Until death do us part" doesn't mean fiddly squat any more. I don't see gay marriages improving those stats any.

3. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know for me the feelings are very strong until the wedding bells ring. I find my love affairs to be ecstatic until I am faced with an unrequited marriage. It's like we've never met. My parents divorced and placed me and my brother right in the center of it. I wanted to believe in marriage but my experience shows different results. Than
    ks for your comment.

4. DrkRayne

Marriage, gay or straight, is not guaranteed to last. While i hope my relationship with my partner will continue strong on to forever, even after we tie the knot and she is my wife...its not guaranteed.

Straight marriages end...why would ours be any different. Some people are made to commit. Others aren't

5. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I've accepted the fact that my partner at the time was just coming out with gay enthusiasm. The relationship was working for a while. I think he got carried away, as if I had dome something to him to change him.
    Thanks for the comment.