1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought I was gay my whole life but there's this girl...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queercheese, Nov 19, 2013.

1. queercheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All my life I thought I was gay but about 8 months ago I met this one girl in a freshmen orientation in school. At first I wasn't this attracted to her but in July I came out to her as gay as I've seen how she's really active in the LGBT community. Since then we've had a few heart to heart conversations and I've had feelings for her. No other girl has made me feel like this. Whenever I think of her I'd get so infatuated with her. I'm not sure about sexual attraction though, as my sexual attraction is mostly towards guys.

I have came out to some people as gay before I realised my attraction to her. Because of this, I came out to my class in school as bisexual just last Friday when I got tired of hiding the fact that I like guys.

I'm thinking of pursuing a relationship with her but I'm not sure whether she'd date a guy who's somewhat confused with his sexual orientation. :/

Do any of you think it's possible to be attracted to guys where a guy could just look at another guy who he doesn't know in a sexual way but demisexual towards girls? About a year ago I had also met another girl at my old workplace whom I had slight attractions to her. Not physically/sexually but somehow I found her cute in a way. I need advice! Thanks!

---------- Post added 19th Nov 2013 at 09:36 PM ----------

Regarding her feelings toward me, I really don't know if she's interested in me... She texts me texts like "I love you" to me and stuff, but she does that with her girl friends as well. I'm confused...

2. lowkey

lowkey Guest

i was, and still get into the same boat... apparantly im gay, but i get CRAZY INFATUATIONS with certain girls, usually blonde/strawberry/red hair blue eyes, but it varies. but for example, ive been crushing on this 1 girl, for about 5 months now... pretty bad, like depressing. its like i want her so bad, n then sometimes im not sure cause of my sexual attraction, but shes stupid beautiful, regardless, i fucked it up cause i was heavily questioning my sexuality and didnt tell her at the time

3. queercheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I feel you man. I get crazy infatuations with her that I want her so bad too. Like if I'm able to I'd kiss and cuddle her. :kiss:

There's a saying, "When you fall for someone's personality, everything about them becomes beautiful." This seems so true now.

4. DrkRayne

I dont find it too hard to believe.

My wife's best friend is a guy who, if I liked men, would be my type. He is soooo sweet and just adorbs. I have guy-crush on him but I know its not sexual. he is just so cute.
    However, back in my questioning days I had a test...could I imagine myself sleeping with this person...and the answer was always no. It usually takes about 30 seconds to consider what's between their legs...and well...that ends that.

I think some people have the most amazing personalities that...you can't help but like/love them. The real question is whether you could consider having a sexual relationship with her/him and if so that can tell you whether is a girl-crush or a real crush.
    Beside, they say no one is a real 1 or a real 6 on the kinsey scale, we all have our exceptions. Mine happens to be the actor Idris Elba...i think...maybe..i dunno.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, even I have an I think, maybe..."exception": Sofia Vergara from Modern Family, I mean...really :eek: (maybe it's the Latino in me)

6. BadCanadaJoke

For me it's Eva Longoria. I don't know if I like her like that, but the woman is gorgeous!
    And that hair!! Her hair is just wow!

7. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

It all comes down to if you can imagine and enjoy sexual and physical intimacy with her. Sometimes someone may throw us off, but we need to take a moment and think. Then we realize it is simply admiration. Sexual attraction is simply not easily manipulated and a lot of times unchangeable. It is that deep.

8. toushirojaylee

I believe it's the personality, not the gender. ^_^

9. fortheloveoflez

Honestly, there are SO many people in all gender categories with all different types of personalities, experiences and appearances. I find it totally believable, considering that there is just SO much variation from one person to the next, that even though men are your thing...that somehow you found some unique woman once who was just like not your average woman.....so you were all like "wowwww".

There are a couple guys that I'm more or less fangirling about...just because in my eyes they're so perfect....sweet, fun, charming, stylish, smart, handsome etc. ...whether some sexual relationship can come out of that, who knows.

At the end of that day, though, I know for a fact that I BOTH lust and love women. Whether the same would occur with those two or three fangirl-worthy guys I don't really know although I kind of doubt it.

#9 fortheloveoflez, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  10. lowkey

lowkey Guest

for some reason my infatuation is like alot of anxiety mixed with lust to cuddle and kiss and hold females.. its a wierd feeling and it makes me shaky and relaxed at the same time, although the beauty of the girl in my case, has not been compromised by another female or man ive seen. which is why its depressing