1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does what your hormones want matter?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JoeTheFrog, Nov 19, 2013.

1. JoeTheFrog

I've thought about this a long while, and my opinion on it changes every day. I get really attracted to guys sexually, both in pictures and IRL but when I think about a romantic relationship with a guy it's basically "nope, nope, weird." On the other hand, girls don't do anything much for me from a sexual perspective. When I see erotic pictures of women, it's a "meh" and "a hole is a hole I guess". There's no passion to it. But I only ever get romantic crushes on girls, and I get all self-conscious and stuff around girls and never guys. Am I a closet gay and denying it, or bisexual, or..? It's really hard to figure out, so I need some opinions. :help:

2. Bibliophagus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could be homosexual heteroromantic, which is an odd combination but not unheard of. Sexual and romantic attraction are not necessarily linked.

You could also be biromantic or something like it but due to some factor or another suppressing the homoromantic side; cultural expectations in particular can be very powerful things.

Basically what I'm saying is go with the flow and use your best judgement, and remember that commonly held societal expectations of gender, romance and sexuality are often mistaken if not totally wrong.