1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some signs of denial

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jay18to, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jay18to

jay18to Guest

Since i've been dealing with questioning myself for months now as you can see in some of my other posts i've made on here i was just wondering what would be some signs of being indenial of being gay or bi and if i am indenial?

2. lowkey

lowkey Guest

hey i was in denial, still kinda accepting it.. havent really reached into the gay community yet so im still lonely, n since im not open to 9/10 of people i show some symptoms like im lying to people...

i had some serious symptoms though... honesty gave myself like PTSD from bugging out so much and not just accepting it. i was normal like everyone else.. for example, the stress tore the warm blanket i was wearin n all the coldness froze me.

its not limited to just in my experience:
    1. possible serious disgust towards woman
    2. anxiety around woman
    3. feel like your making awkward eye contact.
    4. not feeling anything when a girl makes a move on you
    5. unfocused, depression, anxiety, confusion, paranoia, pyschosis, ocd like symptoms, sexually unsatisfied.
    6. seeing beautiful woman and getting depressed instead of super happy

3. jay18to

jay18to Guest

im not digusted by women i do get nervous sometimes but isn't that normal

4. oneday004

To me one may hang on to women because the fear of being gay is to much to handle.

5. flymetothemoon

Agreed. I hung on to my now ex-boyfriend for a while after realizing I was attracted to a woman for quite a while before I was ready to admit that attraction actually meant anything. I had to be "straight: because I had been with that boy for 3 years.

6. jay18to

jay18to Guest

How would you know if you were actually attracted to the same sex or just making yourself think you are attracted to them

7. Skov

When I was in denial, I was completely convinced that I was straight. Nothing anyone could say could possibly change my mind because "I'm not gay. I'm straight." If there was a list of symptoms about being in denial and I matched every one, I would still say "I'm straight." So, I guess when I realized I was in denial was when I sort of realized I wasn't straight if that makes sense. I started being honest with myself and asked myself, "Am I really straight?" I legitimately googled "hot guys" and "hot girls" and was like, "Woah I like looking at the guys a lot more. I must not straight." Obviously I'd had thoughts of being gay before doing that and acceptance took longer, but that was when I first actually stopped denying not being straight.

---------- Post added 20th Nov 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

Try to question yourself in a neutral way without fear of judgement based on your answers. When you're out in public, who do your eyes wander to? Ask yourself what you find attractive about girls/guys? Who do you most often fantasize about? Things like that helped me a lot.