1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much weight does that "icky feeling" have when thinking about sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Starry Eyes, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I know that many people post stories about their first time experimenting with the same sex, and that they report a feeling of disgust, and regret afterwards. Some people view these feelings as a sign that they don't like the same sex, but is this accurate? Should experimentation not be a one time thing so that you can make sure those feelings were based around a rejection of being with the same sex?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: How much weight does that "icky feeling" have when thinking about sexual orientat

Most people who are genuinely straight and comfortable with being straight aren't so much disgusted at the idea of being with the same sex as "Meh. it doesn't do anything for me."

People who are gay and not yet accepting of themselves are generally really excited and aroused in the moment, and the feeling of disgust and revulsion happens after orgasm.

If you

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Re: How much weight does that "icky feeling" have when thinking about sexual orientat

Uh...did you get taken out by a sniper?

But yeah, I can agree with what you are saying. But is the person saying "meh" to sex with the same gender someone who has experimented, or someone who is not interested in experimenting?