1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Straight for one person' or nothing to worry about?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FightingShadows, Nov 20, 2013.

1. FightingShadows

Okay, so for all of my 22 years on this planet, I've always liked guys. And blah, blah, blah, I finally came out as a gay transguy. So anyway, I could never even offhandedly say that a girl was cute because obviously I wasn't into girls, even for something as simple as their looks. And to this day I don't find girls attractive still, but then I saw someone at my work and I have to admit, she's very butch and I thought she was a guy at first but then realized ya know, she wasn't. That didn't stop the tiny bit of attraction I felt toward her though. I don't know if it's because she's very masculine and that's what i'm into or what but this has totally got my head spinning. Like, I do admit she's cute. I am attracted to her, but i'm not attracted to her in a sexual kind of way. Is it that i'm starting to explore another side of me? Is it that I just admire her for her looks? Or am I totally blowing this out of proportion because this is the first time I've ever noticed another girl like this?
    Someone, anyone...help me?

2. lezbhonest

Hi. I think you shouldnt worry about labels. the problem with the way our society has taught us is that we need to label ourselves. It makes sense tho, because when we label ourselves it makes things easier for us, right?. well the problem is is that sexuality is more complex than we would like to believe. In my opinion, forget the labels, if you are attracted to her ( and atleast you're admitting it to yourself and not denying it), just go with it. Don't resist it. .... overall i dont like labels, i just like saying i am HUMAN, but when i need to, i consider myself a feminine lipstick lesbian. I know my attraction for girls is so much stronger than it is for guys, however, i have dated guys in the past, and to this day on occasion there are a few guys i have hooked up with and think are attractive. I don't think that makes me less of a "lesbian" because i know that i am way more attracted to a female than a male and i want a female over a guy anyday, however there still are some males i am a lil bit attracted to. Just go with it, we have one life to live :slight_smile:. hope i helped.

if you could answer my question
    "Why is she being distant? Is she gay or straight?" i would really appreciate it too :slight_smile: