1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by random12345, Nov 21, 2013.

1. random12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm dating this girl for about 8 months now and I'm completely in love with her. I'm keeping it hidden from my parents because they are completely against it--I already tried. But recently I've been thinking about guys. I really do like girls but it's just recently I've been thinking about it. I've told my two closest friends about it and they think I just need to be with a guy(sexually). I've never had sex with a guy so they think if I did then maybe I'd like guys. My parents always ask for a boyfriend and how they can't wait for kids and it makes me feel bad. Also, all of my friends and classmates know I'm in a relationship with a girl and they'd start questioning me if I randomly start being with a boy. I don't know, is it just a phase or am I bi-curious? Help!

2. poison53sumac

It could be that you're just not confined to any label, and happen to like guys too, but maybe less frequently, or it takes more for you to like them. Also, the family situation could--and I'm speculating here--make you wish, or try, to orient yourself to be in a way that would please your parents, especially if you feel guilty. Even if you do honestly like guys too, it could be a doubt resurfacing because of other pressures in your life. But are you actually thinking about being with a guy, just on an unsure level, or do you want to be with them? If you don't *want* to have sex with a guy at all, then it probably wouldn't change your mind.