1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i might like a transexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lowkey, Nov 22, 2013.

1. lowkey

lowkey Guest

alright so im talking to this transexual who is now a girl, she has been for years

i havent met her, its via online, n i do have a small lil crush on her,cause she looks good in the pictures ive seen and also seems cool, could the cuddling we were talking about, n really cute, n it doesn't look angle-ized,

im mainly gay, altho i grew up thinkin i was straight, but i view her as a mix.i hope its not a fetish. im hoping she does actually have both guy/female features, n i haven't specifically asked if she has a vagina, i really dont want to, i would do either, for some reason thinkin of a guy with a vagina, is somewhat of a turn on, not as much as a dick lol, fetish? idk

the thing is, is that im confused because, she is a girl now, but i view her as a mesh between a guy and girl, and it add's to the attraction.. is that wrong? or is that exactly right? do i ask her how she wants me to view her? that would be strange wouldnt it lol..
    if she wanted me to view her solely as a girl, im not sure if the attraction would stick, it would have to be 'transexual-boy/girl mesh' type of deal, and im sorry if that is offensive, i dont mean to be.. im interested in her, i just feel better viewing her as a mesh, by mesh i mean mix.

at the same time im going through these changes of learning the gay lifestyle..., so shit is confusing, im assuming its a good thing to be upfront about this to her?
    i feel like people think its unattractive when they hear : i didn't know i was gay im not yet used to this. because they might not understand.. but i guess that shouldn't be something i worry about? gerr

2. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a trans friend who identifies as female. She's always presented herself as such, so I never had that problem. I can tell you, though, that if you're not sure whether you should address and act around your trans friend as male or female, you should definitely ask. She'll be less offended if you ask than if you don't and say or do something that's the opposite of how she expects to be treated. And as far as you being gay but into her goes, I think you probably should say something.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, if she's a transsexual, and you're attracted to her, it would follow that you're some shade of bisexual (or attracted to women, if you don't feel interested in labels at this point; either way works), since transwomen are a type of women, and gay men generally want little to do with them, in general (romantically and/or sexually, anyway).

I guess the question(s) to ask yourself might be: am I really attracted to her? And if so, is it despite her physical differences, or because of them? Even I'll admit to noticing a person's physical appearance first, but what determines whether or not I'll continue being interested or not will depend on the type of person they are, so if I find out someone I found physically attractive turned out to be "wrong" for me later down the road, I'd lose interest, while on the other hand, there have been plenty of those outside my normal range of interest who have grown on me, and I've developed an attraction that would far surpass anything felt for a hot, cute, attractive, etc stranger.

Again, I don't know too many purely gay men who would be attracted to "mixes" of "male" and "female"... generally, they're into men, and for better or for worse, it's generally men who fall on the masculine or "normal" side. It's usually straight men who experience attraction or fetish towards transwomen, since, well, they're women (duh!)

Just tell her how you feel, and if there's something you're not sure about, simply ask. It's better than saying or doing something that you end up regretting later.

4. lowkey

lowkey Guest

i get what both of you are saying... since we havent hung out yet should i do it on text? we are planning on hanging out n will if i go through with it probably. i do feel slight attraction when i think of her, in a sexual way, its a good feeling, not a bad one, when i think of regular girls i get a bad feeling which is the weird thing.. i also dont like typical girls, i think there evil because ive been extremely hurt by woman over n over. but maybe i wont know till i see her? im thinking transexuals have guy features still.. like a guyish ass, n that would turn me on alot, i DO like FEMALE Faces better then guys.

also, do transexuals tend to have guy voices? or female?
    and just pointing out i thought gays had more things for transexuals then straights for some reason, must be a stereotype, atleast in movies?

its wierd asking someone tho how should i view you, technically thats what makes the love unique for you right? gerr confusing

#4 lowkey, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  5. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, as far as voice goes, it depends on the person. Most mostly female transsexuals tend to look, act, and sound female by what I've experienced, just like most mostly male transsexuals tend to look, act, and sound male. And by mostly, I mean whether they have a more masculine or feminine face and build. Since you're talking about your friend with female descriptors, I'd guess she's a female with a penis instead of a male with a vagina, but not knowing them, I can't honestly say for certain. You'll just have to wait and see.

As far as asking how you should treat and address them goes, the sooner you do it, the better off you'll be. It's mondo awkward talking to a transsexual or transgender person thinking they prefer to be treated as one sex when they want to be treated as the other. It's awkward asking, I know, but it gets easier once you do.

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If viewing her as a "normal" woman (see: cis, bio) is too much to ask for at this stage, how about just viewing her as herself? A person you just so happen to be interested in, for any number of reasons. And I don't think there's anything wrong with preferring transwomen to ciswomen, provided it's a genuine attraction and not shallow objectification.

Uh, it entirely depends on the transsexual in question: what their natural voice is like, whether they go through voice therapy, take hormones, when they started transitioning, how much effort they've put in, etc. One thing many transsexuals don't want is to sound like a member of their assigned sex, so a transwoman is most likely going to want to sound as feminine as possible.

Some gay men would be into transmen, just like some gay women would be into transwomen. We still live in world where the binary is enforced in regards to sexuality, sex, and gender, unfortunately, where people assume a gay man would rather be with a MAAB, regardless of gender identity, when you have a better chance of them being attracted to a transman. I think transgenders in general make people uneasy, since they blur the lines between what makes a person a man or a woman. Is it what's in-between your legs? How you express yourself? What you identify as?

And I see nothing wrong with meeting up through text. Just make sure there aren't any misunderstandings, and everything should go according to plan with you two. @Transsexual members, please feel free to correct me if anything posted is inaccurate, offensive, or incomplete. :thumbsup:

#6 gravechild, Nov 22, 2013
  7. lowkey

lowkey Guest

wait im confused with what makes ya think she is either female n penis/male n vagina, i thought transexual was someone who switches genders physically.
    if she identifys as 'transexual' n she is currently a woman, that means she has a dick?
    that would be exzellent

8. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seconding that. Having one transsexual friend does not an expert make me. Even though all of what I know about transphobia and being sensitive toward transsexual and transgender people I learned from her...

9. lowkey

lowkey Guest

im not to comprehensive with these labels lol...
    also cause im super tired, its 8 am, i can't piece things together correctly lol..
    and okie dokie, ill ask her tomorrow n re-check back in, ill probaly ask her if she has a vagina or a dick, even tho she stated she has been a woman since year: (here)

i havent seen in person so i cant tell yet entirely of the attraction.. do transexuals get plastic surgery on there face or is that hormonal?

#9 lowkey, Nov 22, 2013
  10. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm not really the one to ask, but as I've had it explained, people who are born exhibiting characteristics of both male and female are transsexual, as are people born one sex and transition to the other, whether or not they have surgery to change their genitalia. Your best bet is getting to know some of the transsexual users here and asking them about it. I only have the one transsexual friend so I have not learned everything.

11. lowkey

lowkey Guest

maybe ill make another post seperate

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not all transsexuals have surgery, either due to choice or circumstance, and it might be more tactful to ask if she's post-op or pre-op, though try to keep in mind that it's a very sensitive subject for many of them.

And someone born with both sets of genitalia would be intersex, falling under the transgender umbrella, but not necessarily transsexual. Since both are rare, it would be that much harder to find a person who identifies as transsexual and was born with both male and female parts, but I'm sure they exist. David Reimer comes to mind, though he was FORCED to live as a member of the opposite sex from an early age, so it's not quite the same.

A transsexual is simply someone who identifies with the opposite sex. Since I don't necessarily feel strictly male or female, that's not me, though I do identify with the term "transgender", having a non-binary identity.

13. lowkey

lowkey Guest

turns out she has a penis, i asked her, but i hope she wasnt offended she answered n went on talkin bout how her friend did n had problems for a little while... " phantom dick"