1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Liking Only a Specific Cross-Section of Males Count as Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sigillumdiaboli, Nov 23, 2013.

1. sigillumdiaboli

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I recently came out as Bisexual, then thought I didn't want to be with men at all - so switched to labelling myself as Lesbian. But all throughout the questioning period (which is still ongoing now I suppose) and even prior - I always made an exception, and had a preference for Asian guys. Now as "Lesbian" - I have a preference for Asian girls...

But my question is: If someone predominantly wants to be with women, but will happily accept one type of male over other males (i.e. Asian) - is that actually defined as Bisexual behaviour?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well yes it would count because you are attracted to more than one gender, even if it's only a certain bit. It's not much different from saying you're mainly attracted to tall women or something.

Having said that, the label you choose is up to you, just recognize that most people will assume if you like some guys you're bi instead of lesbian. :slight_smile: