1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admiration or attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MossyCave, Nov 23, 2013.

1. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lately I've been feeling too straight to say I'm bi, but still a little less than straight. I was thinking about some childhood feelings I had, and I was just wondering what you think. In my childhood I thought most of these feelings were normal, and I think they sound pretty normal, but maybe what they mean is a different story when you take into account my teen years?
    For those who haven't read any of my past threads, here's just a lil background. When I was a kid I liked boys, but then when I was around 14 I started being attracted to women and not men. It was more than just curiosity and I had some real feelings for girls and this lasted until around when I turned 19. During those years I was in an all girls school, I really liked the atmosphere and being around girls. I could just see myself with a girl and not a man, and I really thought that I was probably gay, coming into college I was expecting to actually come out maybe if I met someone or joined an LGBT group to give it more time, even though I thought time wouldn't change anything. I had always still looked at guys, but that was out of denial and "testing" myself and trying to find them hot, so I thought I'd try stop when I got to college. Anyway, in college I started liking men, and I just felt neutral towards women. I think a girl in college liked me, but I didn't feel much for her, but seeing as I always wanted a girlfriend I think I pressured myself the same way I'd pressure myself to like men, with forced checking them out and stuff. Which brings me to now.
    But I always say that I started liking women at 14, but it was actually before that, I just didn't realize because I liked boys more. I'm not sure if my childhood feelings were just admiration, or if they could mean something in relation to the above paragraph.
    Every so often I would think a girl was just so cool, and they were usually older, which is normal. The girl who pierced my ears when I was 8, I can't explain it, I thought she was just amazing because of how nice she was, and I was quite smitten and wrote her name with a heart around it in my diary. Then when I was 11 there was a girl at camp, I remember saying to my friends "I really really like her" and I did, and that was the only time that I actually questioned my feelings and thought maybe they were kind of non-hetero. I remember her so well, she stuck in my brain. My friends said she seemed full of herself and I couldn't even comprehend, I got nervous and excited when she was around, and I thought she was attractive. Another thing is, I remember I used to go to school plays put on by my all girls secondary school, before I even went to school there, and sometimes I thought the girls on stage were really attractive. I just didn't think anything of it because I liked boys, or thought I did. When I was 11 I made a new best friend, and we would call each other everyday and just talk about nothing, and openly tell each other "you're the only reason I come to school", one time she kissed me and then got embarrassed. I used to have inappropriate thoughts about her, I couldn't control them, they'd always just come to mind. I knew I loved her a lot but I don't know if I was just misunderstanding my own feelings. I never had a crush on any other girl from my primary school.
    Either these feelings are normal, or maybe I was attracted to both but preferred boys so I ignored my attraction for girls?
    The thing about it is, whenever I see a guy who I used to have a crush on, it's not that I still like them, but they'll never be the same to me. But when I see a girl who I used to like I kind of don't even think about it, and its kind of irrelevant. Even though I had crushes on girls I never had very strong feelings like I had for boys. However, the first time I actually felt wanted was when a girl liked me, with girls I felt like I could be happy. That's also a reason why I really thought I was gay. With guys I feel like it will always be a love-hate relationship, even if my feelings are more memorable. With women, the thought of touching and kissing and actually being loved by a girl was like heaven, but with guys I feel kind of nervous and not as warm, and I still do.

#1 MossyCave, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013