1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by helpme123, Nov 25, 2013.

1. helpme123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I thought I was straight. But this guy came along and my world has been falling apart since. I think I've fallen for him really really really hard. It's a different feeling from when I'm in love with a girl. I think about him all the time & I don't know what to do about it. He's definitely straight & what's worse is that we're "best bros". I can't seem to get over him. It really hurts because I can never be with him and I can never tell him how I feel. I feel like such a mess because it's the first time I'm feeling this way. I need to get him off my mind and I NEED TO stop feeling this way about him. Please help me

2. jargon

First off, welcome to EC!

The stock advice I give for getting over a straight crush (because its worked for me in a pinch) is this: focus on his flaws. Even if they're small ones, anything that would be an annoyance if you had to put up with him all the time in a relationship. Everyone has some, and if you don't believe that you aren't looking hard enough. Might feel a little superficial but sometimes its for the best for everyone involved.

Once you've done that, I'd suggest that you take a serious look at your sexuality and consider what you find attractive with other people. That in itself is a process, and can feel daunting. You don't sound conflicted at all about whether you're attracted to this friend right now or not, so at least you have something solid to go on. I wish you the best with this, and hope this place helps you to figure these things out for yourself!

3. BiPenguin

You may be Pansexual.

4. valkyrieofgodod

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really feel you . I have fallen for my best friend so damn hard for like over 10 years and I did get over her ( or at least I think so ) . So this is how :

Make sure you keep a distance from him : Don't try to grab any chances to be around him as you used to . Try not to hang out too much , or even talk too much . Meanwhile , find other friends to do stuff together . Try to keep doing it for a while . I know It's gonna be hurt as hell . But please keep it in mind " he's straight so it's never gonna happen " . The more you get closed to him , the more pain you will suffer . I should have known it better . But I thought all that time that it is "normal" to fall for anybody . And everybody feels like I do . lol. I made a huge mistake . You can get over him and find someone else who will be able to love you as much as you love them . Best wish to you , dear.
    p.S : sorry for my bad Eng . Eng is not my mother tongue . >.<