1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She finally told me

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rap24, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So lately I've been in a sticky situation. My best friend and I have known each other for 4 years now, but just recently I figured out that I may find her attractive. The thing was I didn't know if she was gay or not. But then one day I was sitting in the lounge and someone just burst out and said that she was. I'm the type of person who hates when someone assumes something about me, so I would never assume something about her.

So I asked her, and she avoided the question. Ever since then I've been trying to get it out of her without pressuring her. I wrote her a note just expressing some of the things she does when I'm talking about a guy. I basically said that I know someone who might have a crush on her but every time I bring up a relationship she gives me this ugly face.

She writes me back saying that she's different and doesn't like that type of stuff. And that she has a feeling that she knows who I'm talking about but the person hasn't even told her that they are best friends yet. (note: we have a joke where I say we aren't best friends, but we are just friends)

Well today she pulled me to her car and told me that she is gay. I told her that I'm glad she told me and that it doesn't matter to me what she is, to me she'll always be a friend to me. I've been having the urge to kiss her and tell her how I feel but I don't know if I should. Should I?

2. Pussy cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think she has a crush on you :slight_smile: That's sweet :slight_smile: Did you kiss her yet?

3. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, I haven't been to school yet. And I think she does have a crush on me only because in the note she wrote " it doesn't hurt to flirt with this person right?!" And lately that's all she's been doing with me.

4. lseiesrbroa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats awesome I wish my crush on a friend would have turned out like this lol

5. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

The same thing happened to me last year. I was never in any relationships or anything of the sort but this friend of mine always kept joking around about finding me attractive and we all thought it was a joke because I was uncomfortable about such things so everyone joked around about it but one day, she told me it was all true... I was shocked but now, we both like eachother a lot :slight_smile: more than like :slight_smile: what I'm trying to say is(sorry for blabbing too much) even if this may feel strange as it's new, those feelings are real and wonderful :slight_smile: so don't hold back if you really feel that way. Good luck!

6. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lol I have no clue how it's gonna turn out.. I'm chickening out right now.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2013 at 07:44 AM ----------

Did you make any moves?

7. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

She mostly did..especially at first...but then I got used to it so I guess I made some moves :slight_smile:

8. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm just hoping this goes well... I don't want to do this and make her feel awkward

9. fortheloveoflez

Oh man.....this is like a lesbian's dreams come true! Well, at least it was mine with my prior "best friend"...well she kissed me but it wasn't sincere :\ She pretended like it never happened the next day. Truth is, that a lot of us have fallen for our best friend then realized that we are gay from that. Well, I guess it would be a dream come true if she feels the same. But ok, here's my advice....I think that the only thing that could be concerning if she likes you and you kiss her is the following: does she feel that you are using her as an experiment or that you have real feelings for her? Speaking as a lesbian, I do have a bias against "straight" identified women if they were to kiss me like that...why? Because I'd feel like a piece of meat and heaven knows how many straight identified women want to experiment with a lesbian. I think if you want to kiss her go for it! But also tell her that you actually really care about her FOR REAL.

10. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks and I understand what you're saying about the experimenting thing. I actually just finished talking to her about everything. I didn't kiss her or anything I just explained to her how I was feeling. She explained to me how she had feelings for me too, but we both don't want to ruin our friendship with each other. I told her to think about what she wanted to do, because I didn't want to pressure her with any of this. I'm just really nervous about everything right now.

11. fortheloveoflez

I guess at least you know that she is attracted to you and that's a start. I hope things go well!

12. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Glad you told her and if you two really like eachother I think your friendship will be safe even if you decide to take things a bit further. That's one good thing about liking the a friend of the same sex. You can be both :slight_smile:

13. Rap24

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Glad you told her and if you two really like eachother I think your friendship will be safe even if you decide to take things a bit further. That's one good thing about liking the a friend of the same sex. You can be both :slight_smile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, we'll see how it goes from here. It's just right now our friendship is my number 1 priority.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2013 at 10:35 PM ----------

thanks!

14. Silver Sparrow

15. iamsafeandsound

This is really adorable to watch unfold. I wish you the best of luck!!! :grin:

16. lovely lesbian

Awww this is so cute hope it works put for you good luck x:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: