1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost in the island of nowhere

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kitami, Nov 26, 2013.

1. kitami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i feel lost. i am secretly a lesbian but nobody around me knows about it. i really hate it that it has to be a secret as i really don't like being with boys. i know if i tell the truth to my closest one, they will sure be disappointed in me. because of this i usually prefer being alone. never to feel the same way as other people i have known. its really hard to live in a society like me. i don't want to be a laughing stock and a sick joke to anyone. the stress is building up and i'm actually in the verge of suicide. it's just the matter of time. i don't know what to do. i'm lost and i think this could be my last resort. :icon_redf

2. Caillin

I think you posted in the wrong part of this forum. If you hate it that much come out of the closet society is more accepting of LGBTQ community

3. poison53sumac

What kind of response would you receive if you came out? If you've got nothing to lose that may be your best option, but I would say you should be okay with it yourself first. Are you accepting of yourself? If you can hold on to that, maybe remember that eventually you will be free from this when you're ready. You say you don't want to be a laughingstock/sick joke, which is reasonable, but either way you don't sound like it's going to be good. Which would you rather have? Are you okay with yourself enough to live with the response if it's negative as you expect? Do you have a support network, or anyone who would help you through it?
    You're probably right to expect some pushback from people, (more depending on where you live) but I think if you are suffocating from living a lie, if I may be slightly melodramatic, it may be worth it not to hide anymore. Or at least remember that this is not the end-all and be-all; things will not stay like this. How old are you? e.g. are you stuck in this situation or could you leave? There *are* people who would help you and not judge and show a smattering of decency left in this world, so don't don't don't give up and please don't try suicide as the answer. Hold on, evaluate, and live your life.