1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the the shine of coming out is a little dim today.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by oneday004, Nov 30, 2013.

1. oneday004

Since I started to come out to my family last week, I have been proud , shameless and euphoric. Today was a bit of a setback with tears and emotions with my wife of 28 years.
    I came out to her last weekend, she really did not say much untill we talked today. The conversation was started by me asking about her silence over my coming out to her. She spoke of hurt and wondered why it took so long for me to tell her. I told her I could not tell her when I could not even tell my self. Also the fear of losing her altogether was heavy on my mind when I would try to muster up courage to tell her I was gay. The good news at this point is that she is not leaving tomorrow, and for lack of a better she may stick around to "see me off".

This is something Im sure that every one has gone thru here. Second guessing you decision to come out. "May be Im not really gay". "Maybe it is sexual addiction and I can be cured". I've bandied this about all week but know that such is not the case. I believe it is all part of the curve that one faces in self acceptance of ones new life.

For the most part My coming out "adventure" Has been good. It certainly could have gone worse. I really only feel the need to let certain people know I m gay, im just about done as the list is very short.

This week I want to go to the local pride centre to try to gain some friendships, as I know that I really wont have much to do with my straight friends (my choice).

So there is the Coles notes version of where I've been and Where I'm going, and so far I regret nothing. (!)