1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this sound lesbian..ish to you?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by abandonedsocks, Nov 30, 2013.

1. abandonedsocks

EDIT: I am so sorry about the NOVEL I WROTE I APOLOGIZE.

Ha, sorry. All lame attempts at humor aside, I'm struggling here. And before you say it, I know that the only person that can figure out my sexuality is me, but I just... want some advice. Okay, so I've dated three guys. I've had a sexual relationship with all three. (And those relationships lasted from 3 months being the shortest, to 10 months being the longest). However, I could count on one hand how many times I've actually had sex. Seriously, I was just never into it. And it's not like they weren't uh, trying. One of them was very attentive to me, but I still just didn't really ever enjoy it. The only time I was kind of into it was once when I was drunk, and once when I pretended it was a girl.

That being said, I get crushes on guys. I mean, not like, "Oh my god, I wanna kiss him! He's so cute, I wanna ___ him." Just like, a, "Wow, he's really hot! (And by that I mean he's aesthetically attractive and probably smells good!) We should hang out and play video games and if I never see him with his pants off or even shirt off I'd be totally fine with that!" and I don't get crushes on girls. WELL. I thought I didn't, until the thought occurred to me that, hey! Gay people EXIST! I grew up in a home where it just wasn't talked about. The first time I heard about anything gay related was when I went to school and they called me a dyke. (I had short hair and a girl best friend.) But I didn't wanna be like that. I mean, what a life of prosecution, who'd want that? (I know that sounds so horrible, but I just really was scared of the idea.)

So then I got it in my head that I could totally be with a girl (namely: my best friend mentioned earlier.) and it would be TOTALLY fine, if I was a boy. So I cut my hair even shorter, and became a quite successful boy! And by that, I mean I dressed like one. No surgeries. And I even sometimes went by a guy's name. My parents did the whole, "Why don't you dress like a GIRL?" pushing thing, but I think they were too afraid to really address the issue, so I got away with a lot. I honestly thought I was trans*, but as time went on, I got a little more comfortable with my body, and the idea that maybe two girls could be together. But it was a long time before I got to a point where I could really dress girly. And I still can, but I still like my doc martens and jeans and button up shirts.

But here's the thing, all gender identity issues in the past. When I think about being with a guy, it's like, uh, whatever? Sucking him off? Ew, gross. I don't want that in my mouth??? But a girl? I mean, I don't know.. I always liked the way girls make noise, and their faces, I just.. never thought about it much. But I'm just afraid that 1) Do I only think it's attractive because I thought about me thinking it might be attractive? and 2) I hear about all these girls that go through this college lesbian phase, could that be what this is? I mean, I've never really cared about the idea of being with a man that way. I just thought girls never really cared about sex. When I was with guys, man, I really trusted the guys, I did. Some of them were really nice (one wasn't, but beyond that). But regardless of how slow they went or whatever, I always felt almost violated if they did anything because I just didn't like it. It felt... wrong. I was really self conscious, I didn't want them looking at me or touching me.. and I didn't want to touch them.

tl;dr: I really think I might be a lesbian or bisexual or just not straight at best and that scares the shit out of me and part of me is afraid it's a phase and part of me is afraid it's not and I don't know which part is more scared.

2. xAlexzanderx

You sound like a lesbian to me, if you don't want to take a mans pants off you're gay. And guess what that is perfectly fine. Because when the day is done you're the only person that has to be secure and happy... And I get crushes on guys but I don't really like to get it on with them..

3. hiddenxrainbows

Hi and welcome to EC! I'm sorry you're going through all this confusion right now. And I'm sorry to say that I don't really have an answer for you. But I did want to tell you that you're not alone. I'm kind of in a similar boat. I've been in two serious relationships, both with guys and the latest one I'm still with. The first one lasted a year, then I almost immediately got with my current boyfriend afterwards and it's going on a year and 1/2 now. My first was a jerk but my current one is nice. And I've had sex with both, but I've actually liked it. However I can't orgasm unless I fantasize about girls. And throughout the last two and 1/2 years, I've had periods where all I could think about were girls, even if I was happy in the relationship at the time. No matter what I do, I still think about being with a girl once in a while. And when it comes up, I like obsess about it. It'll go away for a while, but it always comes back.

So yeah I know how you feel. I hope you find your answer!

4. abandonedsocks

Thank you for your responses! "If you don't want to take a man's pants off, you're gay." Funny response. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think that's true. I always brought it up to my mom, thinking I just wasn't doing it right or something. She maintains that "once a guy really pleases me, I'll understand", but I'm starting to really think they can't 'please me' because it's out of their control. I never questioned the rights of LGBT people. From the first day I found out about them (my parents never explained people could be gay until I found out about it at school), I went, "Yeah. Alright, that makes sense! They should totally be treated the same as everyone else. Why are people confused by this?" But for a long time, man! I HATED girls! HATED them. Wouldn't make girl friends (with one exception), listen to girl singers, nothing. Not like it was this outward, "I hate girls" attitude, I just decided that I didn't like their voice, or they were annoying, whatever reason I had at the time. And I think it may have been an internalized homophobic thing because I was called a dyke for years at school, and when I finally let go of that hatred, I realized how much I really don't hate girls at all, and that freaked me out, because looking back, I think I always had an inclination? And I just found it really hard to not be super bitter. I mean, why the hell couldn't I have just been born normal? It was fine for anyone else to be gay, but not me. There was no WAY I was even in the spectrum! NOPE. Straight! Right? I think the hatred of girls was a way of convincing myself. And as I'm getting older, I'm letting go of anger and finding out a lot of stuff, this included. And it is scary because it's very confusing. But I'm so glad I have found online communities like this one where I can finally be scared and confused and freaked out and be able to talk about why with friendly people that feel similar things. So thank you. :slight_smile:

5. girlonfire

We have similar thought processes; I never questioned LGBT but never thought of myself as being one. It was just always someone else's problem. It's probably just a matter of acceptance, and definitely finding communities where that's the main topic is helpful. I hope you figure this out :slight_smile: