1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Decide on a Label

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LongMayIReign, Dec 1, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

So I've essentially figured out my sexuality, but I'm legitimately split directly between bisexual and gay as a label. I'm emotionally and aesthetically bi (slight preference towards feminine bodies) and on like physical connection and sexual intimacy, I'd be gay. I just feel like I'm cut directly between the two. I also don't feel comfortable using the term bisexual (I don't really know why I just feel weird with that label) but I don't feel 100% gay. Plus I don't want to go as unlabeled or unsure. I feel like I should identify as gay, but I want to know if I legitimately can or if it's logical to because I still have some attraction to boys.

2. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a similar situation. You could identify as queer. That means that you aren't straight, but it doesn't specify whether you're gay or bi.

3. Silver Sparrow

Also, sexual and romantic orientation are different things, and some people use different labels for parts of their identity. You could be biromantic and homosexual for example.

4. Gingerblond93

Perhaps you should not worry about labels at this time and just go with your heart. Eventually over time, you will know if your more comfortable living as a gay woman or as a straight woman. In the mean time, while your still young, you can enjoy the company of a girl or a boy depending on the situation and not worry about labels.

5. Ritor365

Then don't; you don't need to label yourself :slight_smile: For now, you can just tell yourself that you're somewhere between gay and bi, or that you know you like guys. Don't feel pressured to label yourself just for society :slight_smile:

However, if you REALLY wanna label yourself, you could just say you're "Sexual" :wink:

6. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoever said you need a label? Yea it will make it harder for others to figure out if you're available to them or not, but why do you need one? Right now? Who cares what you are, it won't change who you are. Because lemme tell you, once you figure it out, it really isn't as important as you once thought it was. If you fall in love with a girl, wonderful. If you fall in love with a guy, that's wonderful too. Love is a beautiful thing, it will never be something humans will fully understand, so this need to have a label is a tad arbitrary. But that's just me. :slight_smile:) Good lucl.

7. See the reason I use the label lesbian - I will have friendships and even if a man wants to do things with me I will, but there is no possible way I would ever in this lifetime EVER to do anything more with one. It is just gong to be friendship and talk. I want them to know they have zero chance.

Any other label and they might think they had one.

8. Rainbow Girl

I think of myself as gay. I find a lot male celebrities and athletes quite attractive and will sometimes fangirl over them but when I comes to real relationships I only want to be with a girl. I have no emotional attraction to boys and would never want to be with one, physically either.

9. RainbowVomiter

You legitimately can identify as gay, but you don't have to. You could try on a label for a while and see how it feels. Lord knows I changed my label 498379873 times before settling on gyneromantic pansexual. And I might still yet change it in the future. :slight_smile: It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

10. jll2755

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just be like tom daley. he didnt label himself. hes dating a guy but he still "fancies girls".

11. Dyingalone

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just don't label it. I'm sorta in the same situation and it really helps to just ignore labels. They're pretty much made to make others feel more comfortable.