1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a good indicator of sexual attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by staychill, Dec 1, 2013.

1. staychill

staychill Guest

Hi. So, I've been kind of questioning my sexuality for a while, and I was wondering what is a sign of sexual attraction? I know that I find girls hot, but I have been fantasizing about being with some of my male friends. I think that some of them are really handsome, and I have very strong feelings for one of my best friends. I think that he's hot. Does that mean that I am sexually attracted to men? What indicates sexual attraction? Does fantasizing influence my sexuality at all?

2. Tyrael

An erection is usually a sure sign :wink: ok sorry that was a joke, sort of. If you're fantasising about it that could possibly mean you're bi? Do you get turned on when you imagine yourself with your best friend? Is it only with him that you feel these feelings?

3. staychill

staychill Guest

I definitely am sexually attracted to some guys, but some guys that other people consider hot I'm not really into. It's kinda that way with girls for me as well.

4. Heun

I think if there were a way to look into society, we'd find that most people at least consider if not fantasize about other guys / other girls, if only once or with some specific people.

You say you're definitely sexually attracted to some guys but not others, and that sounds pretty normal. Sounds to me like you're probably something like bisexual, which again is actually pretty common anyway.

5. Gingerblond93

I think we all have a "type" that we are sexually attracted to, regardless if it's guys or girls. I tend to like buff muscular men, but not all guys are into that. Just because society say's a guy is hot, does not mean you need to think he's hot or sexually attractive. The same goes with girls. It's very personal who you find attractive and what type of guy or girl you find attractive.

I would say your most likely bi, at some point you may be more attracted to guys or girls but only time will tell. If I were you, I would go with your instinct, and explore your sexuality more. Regarding your best friend, you can hint around and try to find out if he is bi too. You can do this by discussing something such as gay marriage or gay rights and what does he think of them. It might be a good way to get into a conversation with him about his sexuality and if there is any possibility. If not, I'm sure there are plenty of other guys you can meet and possibly date. As far as indicators go, if your sexually aroused by men and think about them sexually and the same with girls, that's a pretty good indicator that your bi. Good luck in your exploration, have fun and keep safe.

#5 Gingerblond93, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013