1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality Question

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Monika the Diva, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Monika the Diva

I want to ask anyone here if this sounds absurd.

When i was growing up, I was very overprotected. I've been thinking about my past and how things went. Now growing up i like girls a lot but I was always EXTREMELY shy but as an adult i wasn't much different.

As an adult I self-analyzed myself I realized something, when i was a young-boy at the age of 4 i was analyzed by a psychologist and i was told that i was effeminate. But in Chile at the time it was forbidden to be a homo-sexual, those that were gay were mocked and bullied. My dad at the time said "He didn't want any fa***ts." So i my behavior was "corrected". For many many many years i was someone i wasn't. After my mom broke the news to me after i came out to her and i told her that identify as female. She revealed that story about me.

In the meantime, i can finally be happy and forgive myself because it wasn't my fault. Now the that i am beginning my slow rebirth. Now i can begin to love myself. Because apparently "how can you love someone if you don't love yourself." With that in mind, now i am ready to begin to have relationships. Here's my question, i am still attracted to women. At this moment, i haven't found a man that i would want to date. Now i won't completely rule that out in dating men but i don't know what to do. How do i begin my new chapter?

If anyone has any insight or anything to add please let me know.