1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual/homosexual or something else?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Felicis, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Felicis

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I grew up in a pretty conservative and traditional family and never had a relationship/kissed anyone/or had sex with anyone before. My dad was quite strict with us having a relationship at a young age and still doesn't seem comfortable with the idea of me having a boyfriend now that I have past my teens.

I have always thought that I was heterosexual but it recently dawned on me that I might not be 100% hetereosexual. I had a crush on a girl at my workplace a few months back and that led to to think back on my past crushes (I can only use this as reference since I didn't get into a relationship before). My crushes were mostly female with only 3 guys (and these 3 guys just happened to be way older than me).

While my friends had "eye candies", boyfriends and were interested in discussing about that new cute guy they saw in school, I never had crushes on guys my age nor did I feel the need to have a boyfriend. I'm not sure if this has got to do with the way I was brought up... My circle of friends had been mostly (almost 98%) female and I feel comfortable hanging out with them. I would still feel comfortable hanging out with a guy friend though Of the 3 guy crushes, I actually had the desire to have a fling with one of them.

I have actually thought of experimenting with both sexes to see which one am I more attracted to but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Considered visiting a psychologist to sort my sexual orientation out but the place I lived in hardly have psychologist that deals with such issues...

Am I bisexual, homosexual or something else? If anyone have been in similar situations, do give me some advice! Thanks in advance!

2. theMaverick

First of all, welcome to EC.

Second, if you aren't sure how you feel, then for now I'd just let it ride. Let go of any hangups you have and just see where the wind blows you. If you find yourself attracted to the same sex, the opposite sex, or both, when you are done with this journey you'll have a much better idea of who you are.

3. Felicis

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the reply and advice! I think I will just leave things as they are and see how things progress for now:slight_smile: