1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This whole things with labels

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wardrobe93, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

So one of the biggest things about me worrying about coming out and stuff is that i felt if i came out and then decided i might like something else it would be weird and no one would believe me etc. (i think part of this just comes from my general fear of commitment to anything and I care too much about what people think about me)

But even though this would be a lot easier without these labels to me it seems that I want a label! I think its because then I can relax and i guess sorta feel like i belong. And its almost like an achievement?

What does everyone else think?

2. sparkly glasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find the whole label thing hard. I've always known that I was into women but for years I would have still said I liked men too and I just didn't think about it that much. When I look back on it though it's clear that I've always liked women much more than men.

In general I'm happy with saying that I'm not straight - that's what I know to be true - but now I'm happy to acknowledge that others would probably call me a lesbian.

3. Wardrobe93

Yeah i can understand that, you might hate me for sayin this, but i think its easier for women to be experimental in terms of social acceptance. I think if you're a lesbian you get pre judged and stereotyped more than gay guys but i think if a woman has had an experience with a woman its not as big a deal as two guys?

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    That "social acceptance" also comes with a lot of problems. If a guy comes out as gay people usually take him seriously, if a girl comes out as lesbian or bi people usually assume that she's only experimenting. Especially if she's a femme. Butches don't really have this problem.