1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hocd?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Amberxx, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Amberxx

I have a lot of symptoms of HOCD. But I'm not sure.

These are the symptoms I have:

Constantly asking myself if I find a person attractive.

getting freaked out if I don't get aroused by the opposite gender straight away.

Re-analyzing previous romantic or sexual experiences to make sure that one is straight.

Trying to convince oneself definitively of one’s sexuality.

Mentally picturing opposite sex genitals or heterosexual acts to reduce anxiety about intrusive thoughts.

Asking other “Is it normal to…?”- type questions over and over again to obtain reassurance.

If I turned out to be gay, it would ruin my life. (I'm sorry about how homophobic that sounds )

If I’m not 100% straight, it means I’m gay.

Do people with HOCD convince there-selves that they are gay and end up forcing feelings, or am I kidding myself? I know that I'm not 100% gay any way, because I kissed a boy and liked it.

Can somebody please give me some more information?

Thank you xxxx

2. LD579

That's simply untrue. It may feel that way, but it isn't true. It's not just gay or straight, you know?

You say you kissed a boy and liked it. You'd seem to like boys at the very least, then. I'd just suggest consciously ignoring those worrying or gnawing thoughts... and if you find yourself still distressed over this and unable to function as well as you'd like, then it may be time to look into pursuing therapy or counselling with some sort of professional. Talking about it, though, as you are doing, is very commendable, and is also very helpful, even if the benefits may not be obvious or immediate.

3. Amberxx

Thank you for the quick reply xx

I do indeed think I need therapy, these thoughts do NOT leave my head, I end up feeling ill and stressed about it.

Good thing I already have a therapist, thank you again! xx