1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In denial?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by laura16121, Dec 2, 2013.

1. laura16121

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Where do i start here .. i just turned 22, i'm a female and am seriously questioning my sexuality. I have only dated one guy in my life, from the ages of 17-19, and have never had sex with or done anything sexually with a guy consensually. This boyfriend never forced anything on me in anyway, but i mainly dated him because it was the 'right' thing to do. I was sexually abused by a male member of my family for many years throughout my childhood, and part of me wonders, is this the reason that i cannot become sexually involved with men? I have no desire at all to kiss, have sex or anything around that topic with a man. I have kissed guys in the past, and have never felt a connection.
    I think i have always known deep down that i do not feel the same way others girls do about dating men, my feelings were just never there, i never understood the need to date anybody, to be connected with anybody or to have sex with somebody, because i just had no desire. Until recently when i met a girl online.
    We have been talking for 2 years, met a few times, she lives in a different country to me right now, and the emotional connection i seem to have formed for her is something i have never felt before. I want to speak to her all the time, be around her all the time, the thought of kissing her or having sex with her is something that excites me, something i think i desire. She is straight, but has had a long lasting relationship with one woman in the past, and has recently admitted some feelings for me. I just don't know what this means, every part of me screams that i don't want to be gay, i want to like men, marry and have children, but would that leave me unhappy for the rest of my life? Am i in denial here? I have crushes on woman i see, celebrities etc. I think men are attractive to look at, but that's as far as it goes for me. I'm just so confused here. I guess i'm looking to see how some other people on this site knew they were gay, and what their journey to self discovery was.

2. Blic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I were you, I wouldn't worry about labeling yourself, or her. If the two of you have romantic feelings for one another then the gender and or labels really shouldn't matter. It took me 19 years to admit to myself that I liked the same sex, it isn't easy and it is scary. Maybe just enjoy the relationship you are developing with her, and try to worry less about the other stuff.