1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For some reason, I think I am bi

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MatthewJS, Dec 2, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

For a while, I started to question my sexuality. I told everyone I am gay, but for some reason, it seems like I am bi. I don't know how to explain this situation. when I was in the closet, I ALWAYS knew I am gay; 100% gay. but when I came out to everyone in February, it seems like I am lying to them. This is a complicated situation I cant even handle! Please help me! and I am sorry that I didn't explain much about the situation; it is that complicated.

2. momart

Ooohhh! I feel the exact same way! Like I've only come out to a handful of people as gay but IMMEDIATELY afterwards regretted it because it felt like I was lying it was like I had to do it because I was full sure I was gay in the closet but afterwards it was like coming out was just a way for me to overcome a fear of me actually being gay, and it just didn't feel right. I'm not straight enough to be straight or gay enough to be gay. My friends and everyone was 100% supportive but now I feel like I have to come out again to clarify things.
    I still don't know what I am but no label seems to fit, but at least this time no label scares me either.

3. MatthewJS

also, I don't have sexual or emotional attraction to girls. I think they are all pretty, beautiful, etc., but does that mean i am still gay? sometimes, i think some girls would be great girlfriends, but not for me. god... this is so fucking complicated!

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What makes you think you are bisexual if you don't find females sexually or emotionally appealing? You can still be gay and recognize a nice looking person of the opposite gender.

5. MatthewJS

I don't even know... it is that complicated. maybe you are right. I can still be gay and think a girl is pretty and all. maybe it was from my friend who thinks I am bi because I think girls are kinda attractive. maybe he got into my mind and I started to think I am bi. I am still trying to figure it out.

6. Heun

I think recognizing that someone, in this case girls, are attractive does not really stake a claim in your sexuality. I see no reason why you couldn't be, as you say 100 percent gay, but still acknowledge and identify attractive females, even without sexual/emotional attraction yourself.

On the flip side, especially at your age sexuality is sometimes (I emphasize that because I don't know you and wouldn't want to suggest anything rude, so I apologize if it comes off as offensive in any way) subject to not change, but becoming less hazy, if that makes sense. It's entirely possible for your position to develop and become clearer over time, and in that case that's fine too.

Personally I'm actually right around where you are. I never find myself sexually or emotionally attracted to gals, but I certainly can say that some of them are attractive, even if not to myself. It's weird, and I agree it's really hard to explain.

Complicated indeed, as these things always are. Even so, if you are troubled by feeling like you're lying to your friends, you can identify with whatever you think fits, and don't be afraid to change that up a bit. If you think you're bisexual with a heavy lean towards guys instead of just 'gay', then so be it. It is entirely up to you as to how you want identify, try not to get too bogged up in the labels.

7. MatthewJS

I just don't want to question my sexuality again. the first time was long enough! could I actually be figuring out my sexuality again?