1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dray7, Dec 3, 2013.

1. dray7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How exactly do you know what your sexual orientation is? I've been struggling with this for a few years now but its really become a big issue in the past few months. I really have no idea what I am. I've thought boys are attractive before and I've had a pretty big crush before so I'm pretty sure I'm not a lesbian. I can picture myself dating girls and it doesn't feel weird at all, if anything it feels more natural than picturing myself with a guy. I just go back and forth between like girls, liking guys, liking both and then liking neither. I'm so confused. What are some things that would definitely mean that you're not straight? Any tips would be amazing :slight_smile:.

2. Kreiger

For a while I thought I was bi, but I noticed after a while I thought about guys prettimuch all the time in a romantic aspect, and girls only in a friendly way. Its really about which gender you can see yourself the most comfortable with, and which you wind up fantasizing about more, consciously or not.
    As for being sure you're not straight, I guess it would be frequent fantasies about the same sex. It doesn't mean anything if its occasional, but if it happens on a daily basis or about as much as straight fantasies, that's a pretty clear indicator.

3. lovely lesbian

I thought I was bi for a while but then kinda thought no I'm not bi have only just realised I was gay a few months ago.

4. Zeevie

I thought I was bi for a while too. But, when I really started to explore how I felt about boys over the years, I realised that I only ever thought about them from the waist up. Meaning, I'd see an attractive guy and say to myself, "wow, he's hot" but never have any sexual desire towards him in reality.

I even dated a guy for a little while and when it got down to it, I knew I couldn't go all the way with him because my heart (nor body) was into it.

I always thought about girls since before I can remember. How beautiful they are inside and out. I realised that I yearned for a relationship with a girl and could only see myself settling down and being truly comfortable with a woman.

It took me a long time to figure it out. And there are still times when I feel unsure and I'm 23. Maybe you're gay, bi, bi-curious, who knows. But you've plenty of time to figure it out. Try not to put yourself under too much pressure to have a definitive answer for yourself. There's no time limit :slight_smile: