1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious/Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ihavenoidea, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Ihavenoidea

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and I'm pretty confused at the moment.

I love boys, and have had a boyfriend in the past (we went out for 5 months roughly) and I'm actually totally in love with a boyband (one direction) so I know I like boys .

However, it has always been in the back of my mind that I could also like girls? And when I say always I mean a few years. I remember crying in my bathroom once because I thought I liked girls(I thought I had a crush on my friend) but I don't think I was old enough to know for sure. I don't really see myself with a girl, but I do find them more attractive than just "pretty" at times(mainly celebrities). I also have been bullied in the past and have been called a lesbian, so maybe it's just me worried about how people THINK I am?

I have recently made a new friend too, and she's a lesbian. We talk every day just like friends and we're really close (not in a romantic way) but I'm not sure if I like her in that way.

Also, if I was a lesbian I wouldn't be too afraid to come out to my my if I was sure as my brother is gay and she's accepting so I'm not in denial - maybe it's just my age?

2. ShyCat

I'd try not to over-think your feelings for this girl. Instead, just try to be in the moment enjoying your time with her. Just do what feels right in the moment. You'll either come to find yourself wanting to kiss and flirt with her, or you won't.

As far as defining your sexuality, you don't have to force a definition for that right now. Just this past year, I've known two different ladies who really thought they were straight, but then all of a sudden fell deeply in love with a woman. Not with each other, but each of them with a different woman. Both of them are now in serious same-gender relationships and very much in love. And these ladies were 20 and 30 years old, a fair bit older than you. So just be with whoever you want to be with and don't worry about it for now.