1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What determines if u have feelings for a Sam sex friend?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paranoidkid, Dec 4, 2013.

1. paranoidkid

I came here because i was confused but i figured everytbung out mostly. Except for one thing. Okay well I tend to over think a lot and i do have ocd, about tons of things in lofe. Anyways sexually I'm attracted too girls, and romantically. But recently I freaked out. Because I was becoming friend with my one Co worker and one day he was talking and laughing with another Co worker. I didn't care at all. Then he came near me and they were still talking I didn't care. But then I looked at him while he was listening to the other Co worker and then he laughed REAL loud. And I was like "alright whatever" i wasn't like mad or anything. But in my head I then went "omg was i jealous, if I was jealous does that mean I like him as more than a friend?" And right there I freaked myself out. And now it won't leave my mind. I don't think.it was jealousy. I thi k it was more like isolation, or maybe just upset about he we didn't talk yet and it's like I want even there? But anyways before this idk If there is a way to tell if I had feelings. But all I can say is before this is that I thought he was cool talking too. I would never think about him anytime on my day at all. And at work I even hated him at times beczuse he is annoying and gets pissed at everyone and it's soo annoying. I actually wanted him to leave at one point. Like i would go to work and hope "omg I hope he left this place so I don't have to hear him anymore".And that's that so I'm all worried that it means I like him. Any input guys please?

#1 paranoidkid, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. AKTodd

Jealousy is not an emotion that is limited to issues of romance. You can be jealous of someone's good fortune, their possessions, their time, or whatever. You said that you were becoming friends with this person and then he was paying attention to someone else.

I guess I would have to ask how easily you normally make friends, how generally possessive you are, and similar questions since you don't really indicate if this was totally out of character for you or perhaps you've felt similar things in a different context (not directed at people for example).

My initial gut feeling is that you were most likely reacting to him apparently having more fun with the other person than he would have with you. You've not said anything here that gives me any sense that you're having romantic or sexual feelings for him.

My 2c worth,

Todd

3. paranoidkid

I don't make new friends easily at all really. Im very possesive. Like if my friends dont invite me out and they are out i get mad and im like "ell thanks for the invite, and then i wonder whats wrong with me". I get extremely jealous when a girl I like talks about another guy. Like even if she mentions talking to one i get jealous. I get jealous a lot sometimes, and other times I dont.

As for this situation, i wasn't really jealous. I mean he was talking and laughing with him for like 15 minutes, and i didn't care one bit. Its just when he laughed really loud I got annoyed. Like, his laugh annoyed me and I was like "alright whatever". Like the laugh wasn't necessary. I was also really depressed and upset when this happend because i was thinking about a girl I liked and i didnt know if she liked me anymore and it was all i was thinking about, then i saw that. So I dont know if i was annoyed at his obnoxious laugh and that he was having a good time and I was over here all sad and depressed. Or if i was jealous or just felt isolated.

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

wow well u just made me realize something. I dont think i Have made a friend on my own in years really. Just friendly talking to them. I mean this guy is initially really hard to get along with and I always hated him because he told on me one time at work and shit and he was so annoying bitching about everything. Then we finally got on a good page. But yeah when I make good friends with someone and then they don't talk to me really then im just like "alright whatever" normally. Like ur gunna make friends with me and then not talk to me really. so I guess i was mad and depressed that day from the girl I was thinking about but then felt like upset I wasnt having fun and he was laughing. I just was not mad at the fact he was talking with someone else. His damn laugh made me so mad. I keep thinking of it and its so annoying.

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2013 at 11:15 AM ----------

And btw im not too sure if this was out of the normal for me. I mean i never really get to socialize much. but i know if someone does not ask to hangout or does not really talk to me I get mad and upset. Otherwise I always get jealous a lot and im very insecure.

4. paranoidkid

Someone please help! I'm freaking out now. I don't know if this was normal for me to do or not. I'm not sure if it was out of the ordinary. If it was does that then mean I like him? I'm freaking out about that now! Hekp please