1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On valuing myself...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by haroldboi06, Dec 4, 2013.

1. haroldboi06

Hey everyone,

I do know that the key to have other value you is to put yourself first and be comfortable with who you are by valuing yourself within your own principles.

I do know for a fact that I am not the kind of guy who just feels comfortable on going on one of those apps and fiding a one time sex partner...

I say that because I've done that and I didn't feel good afterwards, I think my insecurities, at the time, spoke louder than my inner voice, and the fact that this supper ripped guy wanted to hook up with me got me thinking "Yolo" I may never have a guy like this to have 'fun' with ever again...

I do regret some of my choices, and I think I learned a lot from the wrong choices I made but at the same time I still catch myself sometimes thinking: "But just a casual hook up may do no harm, I need to live, I can't live in fear, I'm young, I have time..."

Now, the thing here is that I'm having a little trouble being true to my 'essence' I'd say... I don't want to grow old and be that pervert who has meaningless relations with people to fill some sort of void, at the same time I'm too scared to look for a relationship because I feel like I'd get hurt and my 'standards' won't allow me to find somone worthy, since the past experiences I had left me on a bad place...

Any advice on this???

Much appreciated!! :slight_smile: