1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is demisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sitri, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Sitri

I know the basic definition. No sexual attraction unless you are close to the person, but I don't really... understand. Sometimes I think I'm demisexual, other times, no way. For example, I have this massive crush on a guy, but none of my (many) fantasies get more sexual than a hug. My thoughts go like this, I never think about him (or anybody else) in a sexual manner, and all my sexual fantasies just involve some faceless nameless entity, not really a person, I must be demisexual. Then I think, no, I am obviously attracted to him, and the sheer fact that I DO have sexual fantasies about complete strangers means I cannot be demisexual. Maybe I'm demisexual, maybe some weird half demisexual (semi-demisexual? Hemi-semi-demisexual), or maybe my knowledge of the subject is bass ackwards and I just offended any real demisexuals (if that is the case I am deeply truly sorry). Maybe it's nothing.

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a demisexual, your thoughts are not offensive, at least to me. Mind you I am new at this too, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

The crush that you have sounds a lot like you just really want to friends with this person it is a friendship crush in sense. Demis are allowed to have sexual thoughts and stuff like that, there is nothing wrong with it. Demisexuality/Asexuality is not the same as Antisexuality. The hard apart of Demisexuality is tricky because it is in between sexuality and asexuality.

One definition that might be helpful is that demisexuals to not experience lust but be still experience emotional attraction.

Here is a link that might help you.

Demisexual - AVENwiki

Best of luck and I am here if you ever want to talk.

3. Exemerus

I am one who comes from complicated sexualities and I can say that not everything will ever be clear.
    I am sometimes Demisexual, sometimes think I'm Asexual, sometimes I think Bisexual and sometimes I feel nothing for anything.

If you ever want to talk about sexually confusing situations, I am willing.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's so much "No sexual attraction unless there's love," for me it's that I'd still be attracted to you, but I'm just not into NSA sex at all.