1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar readings.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So there was this boy who I thought was gay, so first I was half asleep and I thought I heard him say "I liked this girl until I turned gay," but I was half asleep and so then I observed him for a while and saw cues that he was gay, but turned out he is straight... maybe. It was confusing to determine who's gay and who's not, so is there a Gaydar a way to determine if someone is gay, besides asking, unless it is asking it in a subtle way such as, "so who do you like," or "have you ever been in a relationship," etc. Im tired of playing guess who, it's stressful and confusing.

Also are gay people fun (you) i mean this one kid thinks that gay people are fun: good news? He accepts gays, bad news: that's not always the case. My imaginary friends commented that a I'm half fun since I'm bi:grin:

2. Lindsay11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Everyone is at least a little confused at age 17. I know I was. You don't need gaydar. Just try to live your own life in a meaningful and positive way. It really doesn't matter if the other guy you mentioned is gay or straight, though I would be willing to bet that based on your observation that he is in the closet but gay.

3. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How accurate is the hair whorl theory? Because I know this kid who has counter clockwise hair whorl direction and that usually means a sexual orientation but I don't know how accurate. He also hugs guys a lot. I think he's cute, very.

4. RainbowMan

First time I've heard anything of the type. If there's one thing about gay people, it's that stereotypes don't fit all the time, and that's the first I've personally heard of that one, so I wouldn't think that it's very accurate.

Sadly, there's probably no way that you're going to know for sure about this guy without him telling you. You might want to drop hints yourself, for example mentioning cute movie stars or whatever, or other cute guys in the school. He'll either join in the conversation, or not. You don't have to go up to someone and say "are you gay" to find out. :slight_smile:

5. anon12

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    They say that 10% of the population has the counter clockwise hair whorl and they also say 10% of the population is gay..so i think thats where that idea comes from

6. Saint Otaku

From my understanding, the research done on that and on most attempts to link sexuality to a superficial feature have been shaky, i.e. sampling bias usually.