1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Minnie, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Minnie

I've had not that many sexual dreams in my life. I think the first was when I was about 14 and I could see a penis inside me, from inside the womb. I've had a dream about kissing Ron from Kim Possible, falling for a guy (sort of?), having sex with a big macho guy (as a guy or a girl... I can't remember), and 3 sexual dreams about my parents (God, they were weird... not nice. Not nice). Even after I realised I have same-sex attractions I've had dreams about kissing guys (but they were boring, and it wasn't really a guy, it was a goat man, like from Pan's Labyrinth. No, I'm not into beastiality) and sex with guys (see above); I've also had intense fantasies about sex with guys but it's hard to get in the mood for those and is much easier to fantasise about sex with a girl, something I'm more comfortable with. I think I've only had 1 dream about sex with a girl, but felt bad about it when I woke up, but I think that was because I felt bad about being (partially) gay.
    /Do you think dreams reflect inner desires or how we view ourselves?/
    I don't know what my sexuality is, and I know I can't determine it here exclusively.

2. Kreiger

Freud would love this question...
    He was also a coke addict so what does he know?
    Dreams have been shown as helping to internalize the day's memories, and reflect what's on your mind, but the revealing hidden desires bit, is in the gray area because nobody knows for sure. Occasional fantasies outside of your orientation don't really mean much, but if they're pretty frequent it could mean you're bi. I wouldn't worry too much about the dreams though. They're the brain projecting illusory events and attempting to string them together in some sort of manifest storyline. The latent content of them could be possibly reflecting some inner desires or just random thoughts, but no one's really sure.

3. Minnie

Yeah, I'm of the opinion they reflect what you've done or bee thinking about (I'm always having dreams about trains... and I ise them every day!). Maybe I'll talk myself into a lesbo dream tonight haha!