1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have feelings for same sex friend?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paranoidkid, Dec 6, 2013.

1. paranoidkid

Okay, so i have anixety and ocd, i have it with everything. Recently I worried I was gay, but i figured out my sexuality, and it was sill why i questioned it. But I have that figured out now. Anyways, I recently got a panic attack because I thought I liked a o worker, but then realized I didn't. Again, it was a stupid reason but you all here helped me figure it out. But now go into work today I had anxiety right off the bat. I worried that I "liked" him when I know I dont. But anyways I had it all day and it was terrible. One thing that happend that I need to get off my chest and get answers too, is we were all standing up talkign to each other. And of corse me being and over thinker and having anxiety I looked at him and when I looked at him, he was looking at me because I was the center of the conversation basically. But when i looked at him, I was looking at his eyes. I got even more anxiety about this. I was like "Omg why did i look at him in the eyes while he was looking at me". I felt nothing, I just looked at him and felt anxiety obviously. But it freaked me out. Does this mean I like him?

and btw im in a very anxiety/panic mode right now because im worrying again

BTW if you wanna know what it was last time it was because he and another co worker were laughing and talking, and i didnt care at all, but then he laughed REALLY loud and obnoxiously, and I went "alright whatever" And i thought it was jealousy and that it ment I liked him. But it was just because his laugh pissed me off because I was all sad and depressed and it just annoyed me. But yeah it started because of this event right here.

#1 paranoidkid, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. paranoidkid

Ca anyone help please! He was looking at me when i looked up and then I looked at him because he was looking at me. But im worried that the eye contact ment something, like why did i look into his eyes. I mean obviously because he was looking at me. But does this mean I like him?

3. Data

Data Guest

Wow, you seem to have been beating yourself up! Don't worry man, it's alright.

I wouldn't even give the eye contact another thought. That's what us humans do. We look each other in the eye to convey the fact that we're listening and care about what the person is saying. Nothing more, unless you stared longingly into his eyes and made a kissy face. :slight_smile: He probably doesn't think anything of it either. I can almost promise.

The rest of the stuff sounds like you are just WAY over thinking everything. It doesn't sound like you like him from the description you gave me. It sounds like you're just on a hair trigger.

Are you familiar with the deep breathing relaxation technique? If you feel yourself getting worked up and anxious, just take a moment and stop. Say to yourself "I'm ok. I don't like him. I am thinking into this too much." Then take several deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and bring it deep down low into your stomach. Hold it for 3 seconds, and blow it out slowly through your mouth. Do this a few times and pay attention to your heart rate. Feel how it slows down and calms down as you do these breathing excercises. If you look him in the eye, don't worry. I usually maintain eye contact for 3-5 seconds and then look around at the floor a bit, then bring it back up and hold it some more. You're not doing anything that would make him think you like him.

Here's the most important part: even if you do like him, it's ok. It is ok to like another man. Being bisexual or gay is not bad. You WILL figure out your sexuality, I promise you that, but no matter what you find it is a-ok.

I hope this helps. Please, please focus on that deep breathing. It really helps me get a grasp on myself when I feel panicky. I know you can do it.

4. paranoidkid

Well here's the story again lol. He was standing next to someone I was watching talk and I saw him looking at me out of the corner of my eye so as natural reaction I looked at him to. Like it was a stare, but I wasn't longingly staring and making kissy faces. It lasted all of like .5 seconds until we both looked away. Like obviously I woukd stare back beczuse he was and it's just natural to do that. But yeah I freaked out. I didn't make any kissy faces or stare at him like he was amazing. I just was litterly watching him stare at me. And it lasted .5 seconds. I did feel uncomfortable like I just saw and felt him staring which was weird. I wouldn't even call it a stare, I litterly was looking at him look at me in he eyes.

But I know I don't like him. But that's not how my mind works. I was like "what is this a sign I like him?". Like nothing can get through my mind correct

#4 paranoidkid, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013