1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with mom??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by spl4tterpunk, Dec 7, 2013.

1. spl4tterpunk

Out Status:
    A few people
    okay so, compared to others i'm actually in a pretty good situation, but it's still so annoying!

i came out to my mom as queer, (well, i told her i was pan so she could understand it better. also she doesn't know i'm genderfluid) and the way she took it was just absolutely GREAT! well, maybe a little TOO great?
    she told me "i always wanted you to be a lesbian! so you won't get pregnant and have to deal with douchey boys"! and she jokes about hooking me up with her girl coworkers. even though i've made it VERY clear that i'm also very attracted to boys and people of other genders, not interested in a relationship, also about how i don't like her referring to me as a lesbian when i'm not a lesbian. it just seems to fly over her head though

she always ignores it when i talk about a boy i think is cute but is sooooooo happy when i talked about cute girls. to be honest this behavior isn't that surprising from her. she's always been like "GAYS ARE SOOO CUTE!!" and thinks that all bisexual men are actually gay and most bisexual women do it for attention, and says she feels uneasy around girl friends that are bisexual

how can i tell her that i REALLY don't like what she is doing and how she is referring to me? thanks