1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limitless Confusion. Advice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Violinist969, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Violinist969

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unsurprisingly I am so confused, I do not even know how to start this.

Not even a year ago, I had begun questioning my sexuality. Never in my whole life had I once even thought of even possibly being anything but straight. I had the whole religious back ground of schooling. It was practically programed in my head that it could not be possible. Now I am not even sure what triggered me to start questioning.

Anyway, I had dated a man once, though it did not last long. The whole relationship was awkward, to say the least. We never went on a date, even though he offered and I denied simply because I did not feel comfortable. Most of the time we played video games and eventually after a pregnancy scare, I stopped talking to him completely. That was about two years before I even questioned my sexuality.Though it was one of the major factors that made me lean away from the thought of being straight.

Recently, I have met a girl through a friend. It started out strange for me, since I found myself flirting without even thinking about it. A little more than 7 weeks ago, we went on our first date. She is a amazing woman and a publicly out lesbian. Before I started dating her, I was completely positive I was a bisexual (though things never work out that easily). Yet now, I have been having doubts. Things in the relationship have begun getting more serious. I have reached the point where I am practically self-sabotaging the relationship by ignoring her and just being plain mean. I think it is just because I am afraid to discover that I am a lesbian or if I am something else entirely.

If anyone has any advice or personal experiences that relates, please respond.