1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really confused... :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queercheese, Dec 10, 2013.

1. queercheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So for the first 17 years of my life I've always knew I liked guys, and guys only. Now I still know I like guys and I'm sure of it. However, recently this year I've been noticing myself take notice of girls more. Like when a girl is pretty and she walks past me, I'll tend to stare at her. I do this more with girls that are around my age though.

For guys, I know I'm sexually attracted to guys that are around my age as ever since puberty I've had sexual fantasies of some of my guy friends. I wouldn't mind making out with a guy as I know I'd enjoy it if he's my type. Sparks will fly with guys. But for girls, most of the time when I imagine myself making out with a girl there are no sparks. However, if it's having sex with girls I'm not really sure. Whether I want it or not I don't even know. For guys I know I want it lol.

Sometimes when I see some girls they just make my heart skip a beat. Especially if they're really pretty, beautiful, and when they wear really short shorts that show off their legs. I'm not sure if it's because of my anxiety or it's because they really appeal to me sexually. I've also had romantic feelings for a girl once but they weren't very sexual.

Regarding labels, I feel that the term 'gay' fits me more for some reason. I feel weird when I say "I'm bisexual" but when I say "I'm gay" it feels right. Also, if someone uses the word 'faggot' I feel insulted. Since the word 'faggot' is usually being used against gay people, does that mean I'm gay or bisexual?

I'm just so confused. Recently I've also asked a guy out. I'm sure of my attraction to him. Please help.

2. Foster

You might not want to rush and label yourself. You have to remember that the words gay or bisexual do not mean anything to your identity. They are just words. Do not let them be a source of anxiety for you.

We are all unique and that's fine. You could be a bisexual who strongly leans towards men. Personally, none of the labels really fit me because although I can be emotionally attracted to men, it doesn't happen often and I'm much more attracted to women (on all levels). So I'm identifying as bisexual for now....but I feel more like a lesbian.

I guess my advice would be go with how you feel. If you want to date men then date men. If you want to date a women, date a woman. There's nothing wrong with that.