1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay kid messaged me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dantheman, Dec 10, 2013.

1. dantheman

Long story short, gay kid messaged me on FB. And I felt uncomfortable and didn't want to answer. Only because I felt like he was gunna hit on me and tell me he's attracted and all that. I did not answer back.

As for gay people, I'm not messaging back not because he is gay. Idc about that. I just felt uncomfortable because I thought he was gunna hit on me and I felt weird and didn't want it.

So question is. I thought I was a little bit curious, but I kinda already rejected his offer and didn't answer? I mean is that proof I'm not gay? I honestly don't wanna even answer because it's very weird and awkward for me. Like I'm not interested one bit.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to contradict you here and say that your middle paragraph is a lie.

You didn't message him back because you didn't want him to hit on you.
    You thought he might hit on you because he's gay. If he was straight, this wouldn't be an issue.
    Therefore your only reason not to message him was because he is gay.

Frankly, I would spend more time worrying about what suggests you MIGHT be gay than the things that suggest you might not be.

3. dantheman

Okay no not at all. I first of all find it weird that any guy message me that I don't know or never contacted on fb before. Secondly, I have gay uncle, and I'm not homophobic at all. If this person were a girl it would be a different story.

It's not because he is gay. It's because I felt like I was gunna get hit on. And that's the feeling I get when any guy I don't know messages me. I promise it is not because he is gay.

I dont know who you are to even go into that position and tell me that's what it is. When it's not at all. You don't know how I think and you have no right to tell me what I think. It's not the fact he is gay at all. I promise.

#3 dantheman, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " It's because I felt like I was gunna get hit on. "

And you felt like you might be hit on because he's gay and you're a guy. I'm not saying you're homophobic. No problem with not wanting to message some random guy, but if you are going to explicitly say that you didn't message him SPECIFICALLY because you didn't want him to hit on you and that "if it were a girl it would be a different story" then I'm sorry but it is exactly as I said it is. I never said it was wrong, I just stated a fact.

But the more important part is that it doesn't necessarily mean you're not gay, but then I have no idea why you think you might be gay so we can't exactly make any judgements here.

5. Riddick

Riddick Guest

First of all hi Dantheman, welcome to EC.

You said that you were a bit curious, I'd say this shows that you're a bit confused concerning your feelings towards members of the same sex as you.
    Your situation is unclear and that makes it hard t see the problem you're facing. I have had challenges with identifying my sexuality. The first time i started having an attraction to other guys i couldn't believe it. I was straight... i liked girls and all of a sudden having feelings i never thought possible in my straight boy mind, begun to happen. I tried to push theses feelings away but the more i did that the more i hated myself and the more i hated even the other's around me. I thought i could share with you my experience so that you can better understand what your situation considering the gay guy on face book. What i mean is, if you're not experiencing any of what i said, (being attracted to guys) then you've got nothing to worry about being gay.

There are three things that I've noticed from your post:
    1. Sure its a stereo typical thing, but any straight guy would decline a friend request from a gay guy
    2. You might be curious what it would be like to be friends with a gay guy and it does not mean you're curious about being in a relationship with a guy. (Its another stereo typical thing but, any straight guy would find it awkward to consider accepting a gay guys request)
    3. You might be curious why this guy sent you a friend request in the first place, did he have a crush on you? Might he just want to be friends?

I can see clearly now that your curiosity after you decided to decline his offer was about whether or not this guy may have liked you. When you considered adding him you wanted to find out whether this was true or not. Does this mean just because you wanted to find out mean that you're gay?... NO... its normal curiosity that you had and that's it. It doesn't make you gay.
    From your post I ASSUME that you may have an attraction for other guys but you're not too sure about it (this is just an ASSUMPTION). You're straight and that's what you've chosen to be right now and everyone must respect that.

Regarding your question above, no, no one can tell you if you're gay or not on this site. That's ultimately your decision.

Where you gay for thinking of replying to his friend request?... no. You have to stop thinking every guy that sends you a friend request wants to hit on you.
    I can imagine your gay uncle has straight friends right? It doesn't mean your uncle likes his friends and that he would like to hit on them.
    I suggest that if you don't fully understand what you're feeling, ask your uncle about gay guys. Your uncle will be the best person to explain to you that not every gay guy that shows interest in you, wants to hit on you.

I hope my contribution has answered your questions. Please know that from time to time people are going to give you advice that you're may not like or want to hear, just know that not everyone on EC is like that. :wink:

#5 Riddick, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013