1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I realized I'm attracted to females but I'm in a relationship with a male

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by emess4, Dec 11, 2013.

1. emess4

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm an 18 year old girl, I've been in a serious relagionship with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years but i'm realizing I like girls! I've always liked girls but never thought anything serious of it. The problem is I don't know what to do. We live together, share all of our money, we have a car payment, and we totally depend on eachother. He loves me but I love him more as a friend. I know I don't want to be with him... at the same time I feel forced to stay because of our car and living situation but I can't live a lie. What should I do?

2. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    Well you said it yourself that you know that you don't want to be with him and it's not fair to you or your boyfriend if you continue the relationship, and I realise that's easy for me to say, because you're the one that has to break up with him. How do you think he will take it? Does he know that you have always liked girls? I'm here if you wanna chat :slight_smile:

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That is a really complex problem; conversely, this sounds like something a lot of people here at EC go through.

Now if I were in your situation, I would probably mull it over a bit rather than making an impulsive choice, one that could backfire an have severe repercussions. Right now you may be lusting after a woman, but that doesn't automatically make you gay, an your own narrative suggests that you are Bi. Currently you're not being sexually fulfilled, and as a Bisexual person you will always lust after the opposite gender of the person you're dating, so jilting your boyfriend isn't gonna resolve that problem.

Obviously, the passion waning is a direct result of the boredom in the bedroom, so maybe you could talk him into experimenting with somethings to spice up your sex life? I dunno, I just think that you're not giving the relationship a chance and that this problem is deeper than you realize.

Like you say, a breakup can result in a poor economic situation for the two of you. Do you really want to endanger both of you on such a whim?