1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly Bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by clevername96, Dec 12, 2013.

1. clevername96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm posting here on behalf of a friend who came to me. He told me that he thinks he might be bi and he doesn't know for sure. He is currently in a happy relationship with a girl, but he is getting curious. He doesn't want to ruin his relationship with his girlfriend, but he says he wants to figure this out about himself because otherwise he will keep thinking about it and wondering what if until he knows. He told me he could picture himself being with a guy, but he feels like he wouldn't know for sure unless it was something real, like possibly kissing. At the same time, he doesn't want to do anything behind his girlfriends back, because it would be cheating, but he also doesn't want to break up with her or confess to her what he is thinking. Was wondering if anyone here had any insight or advice I could relay to him?

2. Iodine

Out Status:
    All but family
    It sounds to me like your friend has no other option other than just mulling it over in his head. Honestly, a good thinking session can get a lot of things done. Maybe invite him to EC so he can read some of the site's contents for himself. That might help him.

3. Mr.Pushover

I agree this is something he must think of. I would never condone cheating even if just to experiment, but sometimes you have to just sit and have a good think. If he's looking to see if he is physically attracted to men, then he should be able to be aroused by the idea of, you know, men. If he's looking at something like bi-curiosity, then it's hard to say. Perhaps he could join here himself, and tell his exact feelings to us, so we could help out a bit more.