1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with orientation identity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MaineBiGuy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Hey everyone. What better way to break the ice to ask for help with figuring out if I'm bisexual or pansexual?

Here's what I like (don't know if it matters):

Women
    Men
    Transsexuals

Androgyny doesn't do it for me.

I've read up on pansexuality and the most common definition is someone who is attracted to a person, not their gender.

I'm also aware there are a whole lot more genders than I was aware of. I don't claim to know or understand them all. All I know is male, female and whatever you want to be or what your heart tells you you are.

Since I don't know too much about genders beyond male and female (I'm unsure if transgendered is applicable) so my best guess is bisexual and that's good enough for me. Just wanna know, y'know?

Thanks!

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth, either would be fine. Frankly, the idea of being 'bisexual' and still liking trans people is a good thing 'cause it means you consider us to actually be the gender we present ourselves as.

Choose whichever, but I ought to mention pansexual will mean you explain it over and over again because apparently nobody knows what it means... :slight_smile:

3. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Awesome! I honestly don't know which I'd rather identify as. I've been bi for almost 20 years (I kinda knew when I was a kid thinking Luke Skywalker was cure when Return of the Jedi came out)

Bi on the one hand, I dig the flag colors and it's way easier explaining it to people. Been calling myself bi for, like I said, going on 20 years. Might be hard to change.

Pan - speaks toward open-mindedness in a big way. I do like the colors buuut...

Guess I could just flip a coin or something.

And it is a genuine pleasure meeting (on-line) you, Miss ElliaOtaku! I've got a special place in my heart for transgender/sexuals! Y'know, not that I wanna hook up or anything. I'll just shut up now except to say, because I couldn't post to your wall yet because I haven't yet reached 10 posts, Oh my goodness, you *are* cute!

#3 MaineBiGuy, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  4. MaineBiGuy

MaineBiGuy Guest

Forgive the crudeness of this but would you say it's accurate for pansexuals to say, "a hole is a hole and so long as the body is warm, of-age and consenting, it's all good!"?

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose it could be...it's not the way I'd choose to explain it, but if it works for you...