1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I like this and how can I stop?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Krilky, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So if you've been on EC for a while you know how long I've struggled to figure out who I am (since june 2012). I think I might have it figured out but it's not pretty.
    Basically I think I'm "mostly straight" (Kinsey 2-ish).

But then here's the thing-I want to be gay. In terms of romantic orientation, I definitely prefer guys, and would prefer to spend the rest of my life with a guy, see women as friends, etc. But sexually, I'm more attracted to girls.
    I think that this probably has something to do with some psychological issue like basically being a slightly worse carbon copy of one of my friends and so I need to deviate somehow or something like that. I'm not really sure.

But basically is there any way I can change this and if not what do you recommend?

2. Au.Quicksilver

You may be homoromantic, yet hetrosexual
    And you can't force a change in such things

#2 Au.Quicksilver, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013

3. I have never been one to think you can change your orientation

if you are mostly attracted romantically to guys but don't really like the sexual aspect with them - how about getting into a romantic relationship with a man who is asexual?

4. StephenSC

I don't think there is anything you can do to change your feelings in such a way. I know it's something that is likely very difficult and you've been dealing with for such a long time, but the only thing I can recommend is that you just keep waiting and keep looking for the right person. There is someone out there who you will be perfectly comfortable and cheerful being with, either male or female. There is someone.

If you think there is an outlying cause and it does start to create suffering or anything to you, maybe you could consider seeking some professional advice. They *might* be able to help you overcome any barriers that may be in the way of finding happiness.

As said in the above post there are asexual relationships, where you can get the company, love and support of another person without a sexual element. If sexual contact with a guy doesn't appeal to you, that could be an option. Also something to ask yourself: Is there a chance you may just have reservations about doing so? Is it something you could be comfortable with, with the right person or in time?

Perhaps there is a chance of having a "proper relationship" with someone who is asexual and have an "open-relationship" policy for the pure physical contact for you as needed? Or maybe just a non-sexual open relationship with a guy?

Not sure this very common or ever works, but there is a chance. The thing to know is that there are options. Relationships don't need to be so black and white, there are heaps of different people with different needs, there is someone for everybody.

#4 StephenSC, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013